Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No preview and freezing when trigger button is pressed

[ New ]

My display has stopped showing any preview picture, I can see the menus but not any preview. 

It is also impossible to take new pictures (or video). When pressing the trigger the camera freezes.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: No preview and freezing when trigger button is pressed

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response, It would have to be through the manual update. If this has been done and the camera exhibits the same issue, the next step would be to engage our Suppor team. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @harryh28653. We recommend doing a manual firmware update to help clear any possible error with the current installation on your HERO5 Black camera. 

The steps under Manual Update here will guide you with the process. After the update, Reset Camera Settings. Let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you, I have already tried the manual update, unfortunately it did not help. I have also tried a factory reset. 

Is there some way to totally flush the old software installation and replace it? 

Or any other suggestion? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response, It would have to be through the manual update. If this has been done and the camera exhibits the same issue, the next step would be to engage our Suppor team. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.