Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No longer videos than 8:55

[ New ]

Hello,

When i record videos longer than 8:55 mins it sortof divides video into two.

1st one starts when i press record till 8:55

2nd one starts in the during recording the till the end of the video (another press of start/stop recording)

When I'm going through videos in the camera the video is together, but when i look at it in pc or gopro quik app it's separated like i described. 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: No longer videos than 8:55

[ New ]

@jay-ell wrote:

That's the way that it records.  The files are called "Chapters" and alot of cameras inclusing DLSRs do it.  This is because historically the file system on the cards couldn't take files larger that 4 gigabytes.  As it goes by file size you will find that the length of time per chapter will be different depending onthe resolution and the bitrate (which is set in protunes)

Of course ExFat doesn't have that limitation but the  split continues - and the files are given a stupid naming convention which means that if you list them by name they don't necessarily end up one after the other which means they are a pain to sort out into an editor if you have alot of clips to import that are over the file size limit.

Thanks for the response, didn't think of that!

Now it's clear, cheers!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

That's the way that it records.  The files are called "Chapters" and alot of cameras inclusing DLSRs do it.  This is because historically the file system on the cards couldn't take files larger that 4 gigabytes.  As it goes by file size you will find that the length of time per chapter will be different depending onthe resolution and the bitrate (which is set in protunes)

Of course ExFat doesn't have that limitation but the  split continues - and the files are given a stupid naming convention which means that if you list them by name they don't necessarily end up one after the other which means they are a pain to sort out into an editor if you have alot of clips to import that are over the file size limit.

Tourist

[ New ]

@jay-ell wrote:

Thanks for the response, didn't think of that!

Now it's clear, cheers!