Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

No indication for Photo/Night Mode + other photo thoughts

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm very satisfied Gopro user but when making photos some functionalities are missing:

1.In photo mode there is now indication when full 0 exposure is not reached as max shutter speed in Auto is 1/8 s. In my oppinion there should be some information that light conditions force to change to Night Mode. Not having that there is a risk of getting dark photos even if it seemed that it not so dark. It is problem especially when limiting ISO to 400-800 to get better quality.
2. I do not understand for what reason there is Night Mode, much simpler solution is just one Photo Mode with shutter 30 s - 1/8000 and indication to use tripod at slow shutter speeds. It complicates usage and creates risk of dark photos as described above in Photo mode.

3. I see that noise reduction is very very strong even at ISO 100 and many details are lost. It would be very nice to have possibility to limit it or off at least in Photo mode. I know there is RAW but it needs additional software modification later and spending time.
4. It would be very nice to have possibility to choose aspect ratio 4/3 / 16/9 in photo mode not to have to edit later in app or software to display on full nice view of 16/9  on big TV.

Making many other photos with Hero 7 Black I count on You GoPro to consider above in future FW updates

Thanks

Pawel

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: No indication for Photo/Night Mode + other photo thoughts

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @pawelw0076. We will share this with our Product team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: No indication for Photo/Night Mode + other photo thoughts

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @pawelw0076. We will share this with our Product team. Thanks!