Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No contact, no camera, no support. I want my money back

[ New ]
I have ordered and paid for hero 9 bundle with subscription on 22 July. I have received zero confirmation of my order, no confirmation from GoPro and only an email telling me to subscribe. My credit card sjlhows payment for camera and subscription has been charged to my account. It appears that hundreds of other buyers through this site are experiencing the same problem. I have messaged GoPro twice with the system failing twice to connect me to live chat. I have left feedback twice and received no response. I called a rep who told me there is no record of the sale, only the subscription. I sent through a screenshot of the payment. The GoPro rep on the phone then told me he could not say when this issue would be resolved or when or if I would receive my $530 purchase! It is now 2 days since the phonecall and I have heard absolutely nothing. What sort of a third rate, shoddy, incompetent and sham organisation is GoPro and how can a business be allowed to run in this way. I have written once again on their feedback page (because you cannot contact them by any other method outside of office hours - WTF) to say I will be doing a charge back via my credit card unless I get confirmation of dispatch by this Friday. I wish I had never bought the brand
GoPro

Re: No contact, no camera, no support. I want my money back

[ New ]

@alisonr4444 Please check your inbox for a private message. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
The situation gets worse. My order is cancelled and I get no camera. I finally get my money back but guess what, I only get the money back for the camera, not for the subscription which was part of the bundle purchase, but was taken from my credit card as a separate transaction by GoPro. So here is my thoughts on this cluster cuss. GoPro never intended completing any of these hero9 purchase deals. They get you in with the bundle offer so that they can scam you into a subscription and then cancel the rest of the transaction. My recommendation to anyone who falls into this same trap as me, get your credit card provider to do a charge back of the subscription. Do not let GoPro get away with this blatant theft of people's money
Hiker

[ New ]
Hi @alisonr4444

That is shocking. Let us know if you ever get your subscription money back. I’m currently trying to get a refund since I’ve not received anything. Looks like I’ll be duped the same way since the subscription was charged separately on my account.
GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for the delay and the trouble, @alisonr4444. We checked on your Support case and we see that a request for a refund on the subscription has recently been processed. We will continue to monitor the case and keep you posted. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@@alisonr4444. The refund should be applied to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please monitor on your end. Feel free to post back should you have other concerns or questions. You may tag me on your post so I can be notified at once. Thanks!