Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

No audio in specific video files from today

I shot a handful of videos today on my 8 Black.  Some from earlier had audio, then a few did not.  I was using the mic adapter mod.  

After discovering the audio loss, (both on the mp4 and the wav files), I tested it again both with and without the mod, and those videos had audio like normal.

I am assuming something came loose on the mod for the few videos that had no sound, and I am SOL.  Is there any other option I might be missing?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: No audio in specific video files from today

Hello, @quickcreek6855. Were all the videos of regular recordings? TimeWarp and Time Lapse videos do not have sound. If this is not the case, look into how the recordings were done.

Did you use the QuikCapture function? If you did, see if the type of microphone you are using may have an effect. This article explains more about it in detail. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks, I hadn't thought of those.  I checked, and I believe it is a regular video, (60 fps, 2704 x 1520), no quickcapture.  I was using the built-in mini shotgun mic, not the 3.5 mm jack or any external microphone.

Nothing I can do about it now except double-check in the future, I suppose.

This brings me to another point.  I would LOVE an audio level monitor option somewhere.

-Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate the quick response, @quickcreek6855. we will pass your feedback along to the team. To ensure that possible errors with the current installation are cleared out, perform a manual firmware update on the camera. This is even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

Should you continue to observe the loss of audio even after the update, please let our Support team know. They will help you with the next steps. They can be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .