Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No apaga la luz LED roja tracera

[ New ]
Me compré la Gopro héroes 5.

Desde el momento que le pongo la batería que prende la luz roja de la parte trasera y no logro apagarla nunca pese a que la cámara está apagada.

Es algún fallo de la cámara?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: No apaga la luz LED roja tracera

[ New ]
Estimados, luego de 10 días de comprar la cámara y no encontrar manera de apagar el LED rojo de la parte trasera, finalmente apliqué la garantía y la gente de best buy me cambió la cámara por otra Gopro hero 5.

La nueva cámara funciona correctamente.

Muchas gracias!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @snowybeach40277

It could be a failure on the camera and I know it is concerning as any component that stays on depletes the battery somehow. But let us isolate possible cause of the issue. See if you can turn off the LED by going to Preferences > General > LED > All Off. If this does not work, do a manual update on the firmware of the camera, this is even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. You can use the instructions below as guide: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Estimados, luego de 10 días de comprar la cámara y no encontrar manera de apagar el LED rojo de la parte trasera, finalmente apliqué la garantía y la gente de best buy me cambió la cámara por otra Gopro hero 5.

Muchas gracias!
GoPro

[ New ]

Greta to know that you have a new camera  that is working correctly. Seems that it was not resolved by the update. An exchange then was needed. Thank you, @snowybeach40277 for posting back to share your resolution. This will help those who may be having the same issue. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]

Muchas gracias! doy el caso cerrado.
GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that you now have a working camera, @snowybeach40277. Again, thank you for sharing.  Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!