Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

No able to view files on File Explorer Gopro Hero 8! ASAP Help

Can't view the files, as File explore becomes frozen. 

Screenshot (45).png
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: No able to view files on File Explorer Gopro Hero 8! ASAP Help

Copy the files to your computer first.
Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15His computer is frozen and you are telling him to copy the files to his computer. How in any way is that a valid response? Sometime I think you reply to things simply to boost your replies. So sad, it really is.

In actual response to the original post, have you contacted GoPro regarding this? You can speak to them directly if you go to gopro.com.

Highlighted
Explorer

@quickhero77554
So your only reply is to direct him to contact GoPro Support? That's rich! Ha, ha, ha! Nothing of value to offer, LOL.

@dirtbiker5
Use a USB/SD adapter to transfer the files to your computer

With the camera disconnected, download and install Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit from the below web link

https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/5/6/f56d2567-2b2a-459b-a2f8-9e697a939c9d/mtppk12.exe

After the installation is completed, reboot your computer and try to connect the camera again.

The issue may be with your MTP drivers or SD card. Hopefully it's just the driver and the above link helps you to fix it. If not, contact GoPro Support and they should be able to help you trouble shoot https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Adventurer

@dirtbiker5 wrote:

Can't view the files, as File explore becomes frozen. 

I do not use Quick.   if quick is set to open your files, maybe  in Auto Play you can   correctly set up the driver to open for the files.

Also like said, transfer to a computer folder first, while the gopro will   process first  and take time to download for viewing, and that can be part of the issue trying to view.

I simply  have my drivers open then transfer then use quick.