Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No Sound on Hero 8

[ New ]

When i record a video quality is great the problem i am having is upon playback there is no sound. The sound that does come through is a choppy white noise as if a record is skipping. Any help would be great i have done a "factory reset" any help would be great!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: No Sound on Hero 8

[ New ]

Hello, @tmurray562 Are you not getting sound when playing back on the camera, or on other devices? The audio for playback on the camera may not be as great. If you haven't yet, import the file on your phone through the GoPro App, or to your computer. See if this makes a difference in the quality of the audio. Also, see if it matters which media player is used. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: No Sound on Hero 8

[ New ]

Hello, @tmurray562 Are you not getting sound when playing back on the camera, or on other devices? The audio for playback on the camera may not be as great. If you haven't yet, import the file on your phone through the GoPro App, or to your computer. See if this makes a difference in the quality of the audio. Also, see if it matters which media player is used. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!