Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

No Setting for cloud storage in Hero Black 5

My Hero Black 5 is supposed to upload media to the cloud in my GoPro Plus. And supposedly, the Black 5 should have a swipe down to Connect>Auto Upload>Upload (Off/On) feature. It's not there...anymore. I think it was there, or maybe it never was. I'm not sure. I'm new to this thing and I've lost the video of me during my first ride on the Tail of the Dragon in TN/NC because I thought it had uploaded to what I'm paying a monthly fee to be able to do....I guess.

The App on my iPhone 8 also does not respond to the upload button. It says it can't find my GoPro and I know it's turn on and the Wi-Fi setting is on the GoPro.

Not very pleased with GoPro as a camera or the software involved....yet. But at least I'm glad I found the GoPro remote which is easier to manage than a phone app while riding a motorcycle.

But then again, maybe I'm just a tech idiot.

Tracy Warren

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: No Setting for cloud storage in Hero Black 5

Hi @tracyw17060

You may need to reset the camera's connection settings.

Try to unpair the camera and pair it again. Forget both the Wi-Fi name and the Bluetooth ID

If it's still the same, do a factory reset on the camera.

Preferences > Factory Reset > Reset

For reference, please follow the steps listed on this article:

How to Setup Auto Upload

I just did these steps with my HERO5 Black and was able to set it up after resetting the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @tracyw17060

You may need to reset the camera's connection settings.

Try to unpair the camera and pair it again. Forget both the Wi-Fi name and the Bluetooth ID

If it's still the same, do a factory reset on the camera.

Preferences > Factory Reset > Reset

For reference, please follow the steps listed on this article:

How to Setup Auto Upload

I just did these steps with my HERO5 Black and was able to set it up after resetting the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Thx Ej.
I performed the factory reset and linked the GoPro with my iPhone, GoPro+, and the Smart remote again. Works as it should now. I also read some “fine” print and figured out how I “lost” tbe auto upload and how I lost the first two days of my motorcycle ride.
Sincerely appreciate the helpful advice.
Tracy
GoPro

Glad to hear that it's all set up now @tracyw17060

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

All the best!

Ej