Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No Protune In Hero5 Session Camera Menu

[ New ]

I know this feature was taken out of the Android/iOS app, but did they seriously also remove it from the camera menu itself? My Hero5 Session is using the latest firmware and I have absolutely no access to any Protune settings. GoPro Hero5 Session documentation still states it has these features, which was a huge reason I bought this dang camera. I almost can't believe it. Whatever image settings that are currently bound to my GoPro are half decent some of the time, and utter garbage the rest of the time. If the sun isn't out, the entire video looks like crap!

Why. Did. I. Buy. This.

Hiker

Re: No Protune In Hero5 Session Camera Menu

[ New ]

remember this experience and tell your friends....... this one trick pony has turned against its own customer base as a canvas shotgun approach

Gopro staff have Alzheimer's  after all the surfing and weed. They have a hard time remembering what happened yesterday let alone years ago to keep some unity in their line up.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

The ability to change Protune settings and the camera beep volume are no longer on the GoPro app.
Check out https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-app-protune-feature-updates for reference.

We are also continuing to develop new features and ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Is a new firmware for H5S in the works to make GoPro Labs functional?

I don't believe the latest firmware, 2.51, supports that.

GoPro

[ New ]

We do not have information about it at this time, @yushikaneda. Currently, the HERO5 Black firmware does not support GoPro Labs. You may watch out for updates through Introducing GoPro Labs .

Tourist

[ New ]

I FOUND A WORK AROUND! There is an App call "BLE Remote for GoPro" for iOS and Android which allows you to adjust ProTune settings. It costs $10, but it works. The only issue being that BLE Remote has no preview feature, so you need to use the standard GoPro app in conjunction with BLE Remote. Once BLE Remote has been installed, follow the steps below to achieve the most optimal user experience, which is still pretty annoying.

1. Open the GoPro App

2. Connect to your GoPro over wifi using the GoPro app to bring the preview up

3. Open BLE Remote, then set your GoPro into connection mode

4. Connect your GoPro to BLE Remote over bluetooth

Once you are connected to BLE Remote, you can change the ProTune settings from there and then switch back to the GoPro app to view the changes in the preview. When you make a change to ProTune via BLE Remote, you need to exit the settings menu by pressing the back arror in the top left in order for the GoPro app's preview to display the changes.

Again, it's a pretty annoying process, but it works. Now my $200 GoPro isn't a complete hunk of junk.

Tourist

[ New ]

My workaround is not for everyone, but I took out an old iPhone (a 5S, iOS 12.5), which is NOT compatible with the latest GoPro app.  When I tried to install, it asks if I want to install an older version.  After I tap yes, it installs 7.1, which has Protune.

This is an interim solution, and I need to carry 2 phones when I use GoPro.  
I sure hope there will soon be a permanent solution from GoPro, either recovering Protune on the latest app or new camera firmware to support GoPro Labs,

Sightseer

[ New ]

So hold on a moment here.

You've removed protune from the app.  The Hero5 Session doesn't have the ability to change Protune settings on the camera.  It's not compatible with GoPro Labs because there is no firmware for it.

So there is NO WAY TO CHANGE PROTUNE SETTINGS ON THE HERO5 SESSION ANYMORE?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, wait, if I buy an $80 remote to do what the app did for free, then I can change them?  This is TOTALLY messed up guys.  Why would you do this to your customers?

So essentially, my Session 5 is stuck in protune mode with no way to change it.  Thanks.  Thanks a lot.