Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: No LowLight?

GoPro Runs the Show, @oliverz513  not us.  Enabled in the camera, hid the setting. one less thing to bigger about,.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Oliver here are your words - and you voice your opinion on our comments

Beginning quote:

Dear people, you now have a choice:
- keep getting angry about it
- return the camera and switch to another brand
- come to terms with it and make the most of it
Maybe a sit-down strike in front of the GoPro main building will help;)

end quote

time you practice what you preach

Highlighted
Nomad

Hi Folks

Happy Monday!  Glad to see you're all awake and in fine form.

Now honestly, why be angry at eachother over something that you have no control over?  Auto low light is something that the GoPro Hero 9 doesn't have and there's probably some good reasons for that...........even if as a user, you have no idea what those reasons may be.

So it's no use getting angry or berating eachother, it doesn't help, it doesn't change anything and all it does is aggrevate you, so why bother?  Why bother being angry at eachother?

If you want a change, say it to GoPro, tell them that this is a feature that you want and need in your camera.  (it will only make a difference if the majority of customers ask for it mind you).  

Yes you're frustrated, yes the facts are the facts and even if you don't like an answer, it doesn't mean it's not the truth.  So stop being angry with eachother it doesn't make you, the world or the product any better or different.  

Highlighted
Hiker

touche and well said.

just some members need a moral calibration; i.e. their needs are worthy whilst others are not all while trying to protect a company that doesn't give a toot (politely put)

to add to Oliver's low light issue (one i've never used) and my list of remote support, overheating etc; i can add to that scheduled capture recording doesn't work either (tried a 7pm set for a 5am timelapse start - battery started at 100% and when checked the camera at 7am 40% battery and no recordings). there is a heap of problems with this unit for us to rally as a team towards; i expect some renumeration from gopro finding this out first hand for them and loosing precious moments my 8 would have otherwise stored

this camera as i said is so premature it should be classified an abortion of a product and they need to fix it FAST

Highlighted
Nomad

There's many problems and I think the camera has the potential to be excellent, however it seems that the guys doing the firmware and software are very short handed and being pulled in many different directions.  GoPro (Nick Woodman) said years back that they need to concentrate on the software side more (and this is true for the survival of the company) but imho they need to throw more resources at the issue.  Instead they have a small staff which is good on one hand (no spaghetti code with 12 different teams working on the core product) but when that same team is working on different projects, different software, (gopro player, gopro app android, gopro app IOS, gopro webcam, gopro mural, gopro hero 10 features, previous gopro model firmware updates...) it means there's no dedicated team working specifically on addressing the GoPro Hero 9 issues.  So if something comes up with the forementioned (Windows 10 updated and stopped my gopro webcam working etc....) they get dragged away from the Hero 9 issues.

GoPro support are doing the best that they can with limited resources (imho) and have their hands tied.  I can understand the GP9 was released to ensure the company made a profit, but at the same time, it was a rushed release and now it's got lots of issues that need to be addressed.  The knock on effect with be that the Hero 10 will have it's own multitude of issues as everyone was working on something else (imho).

GoPro need to realign themselves and invest in more support, more engineers and more programmers.  A product that sells well but doesn't work fully won't do much for the companies reputation or future sales with next years release.  I love my GoPro's, they are awesome, I have some great footage because of them and I think the GoPro support staff and Beta group people do a great job with their limited resources, however it's hard for me to respect the company with the descisions they've made regarding the GoPro Hero 9.  That lies soley with managment and I hope that improves in the future, simply because I want to see GoPro succeed.

Highlighted
Hiker

they need to focus on refinement not the next new product.

A yearly camera release is SO not required and that cow can be milked for a few years at least. just think of what could be acheived knowing a platform is set in stone to work off not the next stone to craft.

the costs of new frame molds, electronics, lenses, electronic boards etc. maybe i should put my hand up to run their company there is a massive saving there alone which the poor retailers now have sitting on their shelf that no one wants as its EOL and you guessed it "no longer compatible with the hero 9"..... wake up GoPro

going direct is the worst thing they could do, people buy from people (recommendations and MOST IMPORTANTLY local support) and if they aint selling gopro well the next brand will take the crown very soon - mark my words - i work in wholesale and have seen this battle before

Highlighted
Adventurer

Hero 9  Low light is a gonnner

Highlighted
Nomad

--bleep-- it - I know that the Hero 9 does not have a low light - I am not complaining about it either!!!
I just want to know why! Since GoPro is reading here, it will be possible to answer this question from GoPro ?!

Your requests to speak are all unnecessary here - I didn't ask you either! GOPRO where is your answer?