Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No Hotspot connection after 5-7 minutes / twitch stream

[ New ]

Hi,

i tried to stream with my gopro 7 black to twitch over my iphone xs (ios13) but my camera lose every time the wifi connection from my iPhone after 5-7 minutes. 

does anybody know this problem and the root cause?

GoPro

Re: No Hotspot connection after 5-7 minutes / twitch stream

[ New ]

Hello @ace02000. Make sure that your GoPro stay within range of your hotspot during your live streaming session. 

We'd also like to gather a few more details about the issue. By any chance, do you get the same results when streaming using a Wi-Fi network? For the highest-quality stream, use a Wi-Fi network (rather than a personal hotspot) whenever possible.

Tourist

[ New ]

The range ist very low and no problem. 
it works better with a wifi network but by irl streaming I only can stream with my hotspot. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

In order to have a great signal  make sure nothiing blocks the phones antennae, and make sure you and the  cell towers ,not tower are within range.    are you  out in the open landnot near any towers?

Tourist

[ New ]

Nothing blocks the signal

Hiker

[ New ]

Das ist typisch für gopro. Hinter jedem Busch den Verursacher suchen, nur nicht bei ihren eigenen Geräten...

Trauriger Laden...

Wenn du wirklich mit einem zuverlässigen Gerät glücklich werden willst, empfehle ich SONY. XDR3000 OR RX0 II.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ace02000

Sorry for any trouble caused.

To help isolate the issue, would you mind doing a test stream using a different platform.

See if the same is observed.

Can you also help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
same problem with rtmp streaming.

Gopro: 1.9.0
Gopro app: 6.18.1