Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No Help from GoPro Support

[ New ]

Wow one of the most frustrating couple of days ever just trying to get help from GoPro support in Australia. Purchased a new GoPro10 through GoPro Subscription when it arrived started setting up my new GoPro 10 Black and installing latest updates. Camera was working perfectly fine. Started to set up custom profile creation and all settings on back of screen disappeared just the video image showing, Camera completely frozen, would not power down even after holding button for more than 10+ sec would turn off then turn back on. The only way to way to turn it off was to remove the battery. Ive tried everything removing the 32gb card that came with the gopro but still the same. Then trying to get help from GoPro all day was impossible. Opened a case requesting someone to call me, finally get a phone call from a gopro member hours later who could hardly speak english and the phone line was very bad started to explain my problem to him and he hang up!! Then tried the chat option and everytime it would say sorry all our oporators are currently busy please try again later. Tried requesting another call at least 3 times but no one called back. HOW IS THIS CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!! By the end of the next day recieved this email from GoPro  "We received your call back request; however, the call wouldn't push through. If you still need assistance, we highly suggest to contact us via chat so we can further assist with your concern."  Tried this many times but it KEEPS SAYING TRY AGAIN LATER!!!! Now have had a gut full. Requested a refund and to return the GoPro10 said they will send me a email confirmation in less than a hour but 4hours later still recieved nothing!! Next option will be to contact Consumer Affairs this is an absolute Joke.  

GoPro

Re: No Help from GoPro Support

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @timothym250. We try to help out as best as we can.

There are a few troubleshooting suggestions that you can try.

Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card. 

You can also try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

In addition, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have similar situation! I reached out to GoPro customer service, missed the call. The voice message mentioned they will call me again in a couple minutes. It has been a couple hours, and I still haven't received any call back yet. Please advice. Thank you!

Hiker

[ New ]

SD error is a big problem of firmware v01.16, but gopro didnt annouce anything

Nomad

[ New ]
The only time they do anything is if an article is written. Remember when the 'overheat' debacle. Tons of articles were written about it at sites.

We should ask sites to investigate. Engaget CNEt. Maybe some big names because its obvious an subset of users are having issues and the GoPro team won't acknowledge it