Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

No HDR? Doh!

[ New ]

I admit I'm shocked.

I just received my GoPro Max today and have been messing with it. One of the first things I was excited to do was take 360 HDR images with it.  I wrongly believed it had this ability.  Before I purchased it, I compared a bunch of different cameras and I guess I got confused because I was sure Max had HDR.  My mistake...

Still, it seems like such an easy and obvious feature to implement.  For those of us who are more interested in photography than video, having HDR in a modern camera just seems to be a given expectation.

Can this be something added via software in the future?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: No HDR? Doh!

[ New ]

do like me.

Fake HDR.

Take a big time, and u need a tripod, but it works.

manualy setting exposure ,0 +1 and -1 ,and in psp or adobe the rest of the magic.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

do like me.

Fake HDR.

Take a big time, and u need a tripod, but it works.

manualy setting exposure ,0 +1 and -1 ,and in psp or adobe the rest of the magic.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yep -- I can do that :)  I just expected something as simple as bracketing to be with the Max :)

Nomad

[ New ]

give them time, the app gets beter each time, this fake HDR can easy be coded by gopro,, simply make the images, dont give yet the command to stitch, and when taking the images needed, 3 or 5, than send the command for stitch ,and ready is the fake hdr (this was a hint for gopro coder team incase u cant make real HDR for the max)

Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro cams are argueably as good or better than those on DJI drones -- and the drones to pretty incredible HDR pans (multiple shots that I combine and stitch in Lightroom with ease)...would be nice