Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: No GPS signal on HERO 9

[ New ]

I made new tests with a new Hero9. This one recorded much better results than the previous one. Still not like the 8, but usable very often: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/Hero-9-for-telemetry/gpm-p/810747/highli...

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've same problem with my gopro. 

GPS doesn't work well and in Quick program I couldn't get any gauges

Hiker

[ New ]

I still can't understand how a basic part of the Hero9 has never worked correctly and all YouTube'rs (DCRainmaker etc.) have never mentioned this.

Nomad

[ New ]

The problem with Quik is different from the GPS signal problem.

Quick has not supported the GPS data in new cameras since the Hero 8. On mobile, use the GoPro App, not Quik, on desktop, here are some alternatives: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

Hiker

[ New ]

@kajuna wrote:

The problem with Quik is different from the GPS signal problem.

Quick has not supported the GPS data in new cameras since the Hero 8. On mobile, use the GoPro App, not Quik, on desktop, here are some alternatives: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

I presume others are referring to the GoPro App when using the quik name, but I have on several occasions had the GoPro App on iOS and iPADOS report that there is no GPS data, yet other tools do find GPS data.  They do show poor GPS data, but still present.

Sightseer

[ New ]

this is how my gopro remember track :)

Screenshot_20201030_130512_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

"I still can't understand how a basic part of the Hero9 has never worked correctly and all YouTube'rs (DCRainmaker etc.) have never mentioned this."

I believe certain reviewers are not actually paid or endorsed by GoPro.  This may lead you to believe they will mention all the flaws with the product but it won't.  A lot of reviewers want to be part of the the GoPro Family and therefore will point out minor issues that may be fixed in the future while avoiding trash talking the product (as that would ruin any future chances of them having a good relationship).

In the case of DCRainmaker, he uses a lot of other devices for his GPS and health feedback, so it really could be just a feature he didn't test as he simply doesn't use it.   What may be of interest is that he often puts his raw footage up in a dropbox for people to download and see for themselves the raw riles.  Might be worth looking to see if his GP9 recorded GPS data.

Backpacker

[ New ]

@escaroubez5 wrote:

this is how my gopro remember track :)

how many time should we repeat:... don't drink and drive!.... 😉👍😃🤨