Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

This is a no brainer on a Garmin Virb. I bought my son a Hero 8 for Christmas, while the video looks good, the Quik software is limited hot garbage. Using the mobile phone app to process / edit video is also nonsense. I cant recommend this product in it's current state. Support is shoddy at best. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

A COMPANY THAT CANNOT CORRECT A BUG ONLY THINK ABOUT MAKING MONEY. NEVER AGAIN GOPRO

Tourist

[ New ]

Have to agree. I use Virb software to edit (since I used to have a Virb!). I use the Telemetry Extractor for GoPro to pull the GPX data out, then port it into Virb software and is quick and easy to make a video. I finally gave up on GoPro actually doing anything. When I complained to them shortly after I purchased the Hero 8 and discovered their software would not read telemetry, they said they were working on software. They gave no timeline and that was a year ago. I have really enjoyed how smooth the hardware runs (stabilization is incredible), but you have to plan on spending money over and above the purchase of the camera in order to make videos - unless you like playing around with their phone app. At 61 I would rather do it on a 32" monitor rather than tinker with a 6" phone screen.

Super disappointing. Hope someone comes up with something similar by the time I need to upgrade so I can move away from an unsupported product!

Hiker

[ New ]
my words
Sightseer

[ New ]

gggggg.JPGGPS Alredy Active(White)

Sightseer

Rif.: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

A big BUG!!!!!!!