Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

@coloradoskier 

"Has this been resolved upon anyone's knowledge?"

Haha ... you're a prankster ...

Nobody expects that .... Gopro can do marketing, but then it's done. The company is a joke.

My "Hero" 8 will be for sale as soon as DJI brings a cam with GPS and a few other little things onto the market ...

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi! 

No, i think only in next camera (may be not)

I found only paid solution in the internet. One guy made a program for takind and updating GPS date from video file.

Highlighted
Explorer

You can, as designed, use GPS stickers with the GoPro mobile app. Other workarounds are using the FREE telemetry extractor and Dashware, Virb Studio, RaceRender, and/or Adobe After Effects.

The HERO8 obtains GPS data just fine, so there is nothing wrong with the camera. It uses a very good UBlox GPS chip. Of course, it is the user's responsibility to ensure that 1) There are adequate satellites 2) kp index isn't above 4 3) the camera has an unobstructed view of a clear blue sky 4) The camera is powered on for at least 2-3 minutes (longer is better) prior to starting the recording.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Like said otherwise they  are in the works and that was a good 3/4 year  guess the  software company legacy is still working on it.

Highlighted
Sightseer

i am too very angry about this isue :(