Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

This topic started in October 2019 LOL !!!!!!!! after nearly 10 months there is no solution from gopro... Im glad I returned my both gopro 8 black I purchased !

Highlighted
Hiker

yeah.. totally agree... still have mine but will sell it until dji release their new hopefully with gps....   still issues with 5ghz wifi (never able to connect), gauges, battery drain, unexpected on off beeps around the day/night, heating up the cam and and and...

and btw... theese dashware guys announced since feb 2020, that they working for gopro to build some killer future products...  hahaha...  not any news since then... even no new firmware

Highlighted
Nomad

The Dashware announcement is from 2015 or so
Highlighted
Tourist

Almost a year and not even an indicator they are working on it. I consider this lousy product support. They really want you to use their phone app, but as a 60 year old person, I would rather use my 32" monitor than squint at a 6" screen! How can you sell something that people cannot even access features on?

As a suggestion, perhaps they can make a firmware upgrade that allows it to save gpx data alongside the regular MP4. Then we could continue to use our other software!

Highlighted
Tourist

Please call their support or better yet ask for status via social media like Twitter.  If enough people request this feature maybe we stand a chance.

Highlighted
Tourist

I updated the current software (HERO8 Black v2.00 | August 27, 2020) today and I the GPS data still not working! :(
This is very bad and I am disappointed! Because the bug is not fixed with the new software version!

Highlighted
Adventurer

who said ver 2.0 is hte fix, its DESKTOP quick or their new software. nothing else.   will be released with this rumored hero 9 

Highlighted
Hiker

hi there

since new firmware 02.00 my (screwedup) gp8 hero wont be connect to pc/quikdesktop to import files...

any others with same experience??

how i get this files down from my "cam"?