Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black - GoPro PLESE DO NOT DELETE, LET THE COMMUNITY SEE THIS

googledrive  the two files needed. that help out.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black - GoPro PLESE DO NOT DELETE, LET THE COMMUNITY SEE THIS

Same here! Did the same steps and yet no go. 

The only solution that worked for me was while on Camera Firmware 1.50 and videos recorded on that version. I have followed this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klSwlsFjytE&t=1s

However, when I saw that the camera has a firmware update, I have runned it. Now, on version 1.60 with videos recorded on it, the fix has not worked anymore. 

It's sad that we spend that much money for the "best" action cam, and one of the main features is only a functional one when buying a third party software or exploring "hacks". 

I wonder when GoPro is going to pay some attention to H8 users and fix this glitch.

This tutorial only working with GoPro Hero 8 Black with Firmware V1.20 only. If you using Firmware V1.50, you need to downgrade it. Manually Downgrade Firmwa...
Highlighted
Sightseer

editting... it was on fw 1.20, not 1.5 as mentioned.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

Why do you keep promoting a member created tool that the member profits from, rather than fixing the issue of us being able to use the data and telemetry features that are already built into the multi hundredred dollar camera we already invested in.

Highlighted
Tourist

The data is there - I can extract it direct from the video using RaceRender but that defeats the purpose of me buying a camera with an app and built in data stream.

I was using a regular action camera with an app on my phone, then just had to sync the video to the data.

There is a bug that does not allow Quik to see the GPS data in the video file - but instead these forums constantly promote a "member made" tool that you have to pay for to get that data.

Here is a video I made using RaceRender - https://youtu.be/JhKGgXL1KJk - all the GPS is taken right from the cameras video stream that Quik told me was not there.

I just downloaded a royalty free Rock loop and dropped the wind noise to 10.  There is no video editing -- that is all the built in stabilization of the Hero 8. That feature of it is AMAZING!

You'll sometimes see my phone on the bottom right -- its doing a secondary data logging, JUST IN CASE the camera gets a scrambled satellite lock, I dont loose all my telemetry.

I just wish they would fix it.  It took me 8 hours to render 16 minutes of video.

Finally got it all put together and get the editing done with the GPS overlays and a great Rock Music loop.... Post-Storm ride to meet up with the family aft...
Highlighted
Tourist

RaceRender works great --   see my post here:

The data is there - I can extract it direct from the video using RaceRender but that defeats the purpose of me buying a camera with an app and built in data stream.

I was using a regular action camera with an app on my phone, then just had to sync the video to the data.

There is a bug that does not allow Quik to see the GPS data in the video file - but instead these forums constantly promote a "member made" tool that you have to pay for to get that data.

Here is a video I made using RaceRender - https://youtu.be/JhKGgXL1KJk - all the GPS is taken right from the cameras video stream that Quik told me was not there.

I just downloaded a royalty free Rock loop and dropped the wind noise to 10.  There is no video editing -- that is all the built in stabilization of the Hero 8. That feature of it is AMAZING!

You'll sometimes see my phone on the bottom right -- its doing a secondary data logging, JUST IN CASE the camera gets a scrambled satellite lock, I dont loose all my telemetry.

I just wish they would fix it.  It took me 8 hours to render 16 minutes of video.

Finally got it all put together and get the editing done with the GPS overlays and a great Rock Music loop.... Post-Storm ride to meet up with the family aft...
Highlighted
Sightseer

My I receive coupon too?