Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black - GoPro PLESE DO NOT DELETE, LET THE COMMUNITY SEE THIS

Please provide the steps to import GoPrio to Garmin Virb Edit.

Thank you

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black - GoPro PLESE DO NOT DELETE, LET THE COMMUNITY SEE THIS

If your phone's app does not read the GPS data either (I mean the GoPro App, Quik mobile might be also outdated, not sure), it's usually because the GPS signal is weak and they don't want to risk displaying bad data. It's a debatable decision on their side, but some people complained when the data was showing too. Just an FYI.

Someone said the desktop app should be fixed because professional video editors don't edit on their phones. True, professional video editor don't use GoPro Quik either, they use Adobe Premiere and After Effects (paid). Many are migrating to the free Davinci Resolve, but AFAIK there's no telemetry option for that one yet.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

DashWare crushes.  Also, GoPro mobile puts the gauges onto the videos I shoot, while the DashWare is not able to extract the telemetry data.

How do I know that this fly-by-night DashWare or others "running from the garage" outfits do not embed any malcode.  I run these "untrusted" SW in a VM.  

Is having a simple application to slap few gauges onto videos too much to ask for when buying a $350 camera?

Highlighted
Tourist

The file opens fine with Race Render 3 and has gps data. When I try to open this same file (the mp4 taken from my gopro 8) in the Quik app or desktop quik app BOTH quick apps say no gps data....
Highlighted
Nomad

On your phone, use the GoPro App to add stickers, NOT Quik
Highlighted
Tourist

I’ll try that and report back
Highlighted
Tourist

Hey that worked! Thank you. I kept going into quick somehow.

Is there a length limit ( time duration ). Say like I have a 1 hour race clip?
Highlighted
Adventurer

racerender is a free  software a 3 minute clip  Purchase if you want longer.

GoPro app  does gps not quick mobile app 

If one wants to use gps via the Mobile then we're good

If one wants the Desktop   that is LIFE!!!!!  gopro isnot a hero there!