Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

[ Edited ]

@kajuna 

In response to your previous question:

For me, a basic editor needs:
1) Color grading essentials
- Exposure
- Contrast
- Saturation
- Shadow and Highlight Adjustment
- Sharpness (optional if handled in Contrast)

2) Simple fade through transitions

3) Tittle and Text overlay

4) minimum two audio channels (one for video 2nd for music or to allow J-cuts)

5) Re-scaling/Zoom

6) Slow motion WITH Speed ramping

Everything else you listed :)

Highlighted
Explorer

GoPro should follow the lead of MOST camera companies and NOT waste resources on developing a desktop editor. They should concentrate on the mobile app and on creating an online editing solution connected to their GoPro Plus subscription service.

Highlighted
Tourist

TOTALLY DISAGREE. I and many other users prefer to work on our own PC keeping our privacy to ourselves and not online services sush as GoPro.  Having it on my desktop also is a much better performer than using online services.

Highlighted
Hiker

Interesting point of view Smiley Surprised

mobile devices have the best requirements to edit video and highspeed internet is guaranted in every single lost corner in the world.

He - why the hell we use big devices on desktops und..... cables? Smiley Surprised

<ironic mode off>

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm not saying you shouldn't edit on your computer. I'm just saying GoPro shouldn't waste time and resources creating desktop software. There are plenty of ways to edit your GoPro videos on your computer, with GPS overlay, that does not require GoPro desktop software.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black - GoPro PLESE DO NOT DELETE, LET THE COMMUNITY SEE THIS

[ Edited ]
I appreciate your advice on what third party software to try.

1)Race Renderer worked free version $60 if you want to actually do anything with longer files and remove their logos
2)virb did not work it could not import my GoPro hero8 file
3)after effects ($20/month for adobe suite) + a $60 third party template and the free telemetry extractor. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Here’s the funniest part of all some community member keeps saying just used the mobile Quick App. Well it does NOT work! It says the same BS the desktop version says...NO GPS DATA. Buts it is there because Race Renderer 3 does this task just fine..

FIX your **bleep** GoPro!!!
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black - GoPro PLESE DO NOT DELETE, LET THE COMMUNITY SEE THIS

Dashware
Virb Edit works perfectly fine

Links have been provided with all of the information you need.

If you want more advanced software or features, yes, sometimes it does require actually paying for it.
Highlighted
Tourist

Do I have to use the free extractor before I try dash ware and virb edit?