Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

We bought a GoPro to keep all GoPro. GoPro   Latest Softwares  For the Hero 8 for  Quick Desktop. outdated:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Software-Update-Release-Information#qda

GoPro has stopped software  releases, since 2018.  Gopro never talks about New products or Softwares to the Public.  And causes CAOS at the  forum oops one to one member support so why on Earth are members bashing one another?

Highlighted
Adventurer

We bought a GoPro to keep all GoPro. GoPro   Latest Softwares  For the Hero 8 for  Quick Desktop. outdated:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Software-Update-Release-Information#qda

GoPro has stopped software  releases, since 2018.  Gopro never talks about New products or Softwares to the Public.  And causes CAOS at the  forum oops one to one member support so why on Earth are members bashing one another?

Highlighted
Tourist

This might be just my personal preference, but I don’t want to install on my PC any software (SW) that is of unknown or questionable origin.  So, the idea that a GoPro user should go scouting the Internet for some freeware that works with a GoPro CAM is not for me.

I don’t need GoPro to provide a replacement for video editing SW, just need a simple ability to add the gauges without changing the fidelity of the video (codec, bitrate, color depth, etc.).

Is this too much to ask for?  Not if you paid $350 for a camera IMO.

Not sure who in this forum would advocate against GoPro supporting that.  Don’t want to be cynical, but almost seems that some members act as if they work for GoPro.

Highlighted
Explorer

DaVinci Resolve is a professional editing software used by the movie industry. It's hardly questionable. Virb Edit is from Garmin, another well known company. Use the online Extractor, create a video with overlay in Virb Edit and then add, color grade, edit your video clips in DaVinci Resolve. It's not difficult at all.

GoPro should follow the lead of MOST camera companies and NOT waste resources on developing a desktop editor. They should concentrate on the mobile app and on creating an online solution connected to their GoPro Plus subscription service.
Highlighted
Tourist

No cell phone beats my Threadripper 3970x (:...
Then Gopro should say directly that they no longer offer a desktop app and is good! Then nobody would write here ...
how can we put more pressure on Gopro directly? Direct letters, Twitter ... Facebook?
I use the Gorpo as a dash cam with gps .... Thank you for the information about alternative cameras!....
I hope the competition doesn't sleep ... I would switch immediately .... Brand loyalty gopro ? NO

Highlighted
Explorer

https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback 

The "competition" has been asleep on GPS cameras for years.  When it comes to action cameras designed in the last three years featuring GPS, well, it's pretty much just GoPro.  

Highlighted
Explorer

Of course, even if the competition does provide a GPS enabled action camera, other than Garmin (who has pretty much given up on the camera market), you're just going to have to bite the bullet and actually learn some 3rd party software, because they don't provide it. You can always go and get a Garmin, but their software is very rudimentary and you're once again going to need a proper video editor.

However, since you want a DASH CAM.... why don't you just purchase a dash cam? Not the same category of camera. Yes, GoPro action cameras are very versatile, unlike dash cams, and sure you can use them as a dash cam, but if that's all you want, maybe stop looking in the wrong category. You just might find a dash cam that comes with a video editor for displaying GPS!
Highlighted
Tourist

danielr15 I agree with you. I bought the gorpo as a gps dashcam because it has 4k with 60 fps and that with around 100mbit ....
and I thought that the software with the camera is the smallest problem .... it was just a bad buy ......
currently I also use Vrib ... unfortunately there are no 4K 60Fps possible ..... me