Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

Erstmal Danke für die Hinweise..... Ich habe mir die Kamera nur aus einem Zweck gekauft: um in 4k bei 60 FPS die GPS Daten aufzuzeichnen und einfach! in ein Video einzufügen... meine Freunde meinten immer das GOPRO kinderleicht funktioniert^^^...naja nach einem Tag Rumprobieren mit der QUIK Desktop APP weiß ich wieder was ich an meiner Sony FDR-AX53 habe ... Das funktioniert ohne app und HEVC ... Ich Probier es bei der GOPRO HERO 9 Nochmal^^

Highlighted
Sightseer

I Turn on my gps ( regional) waited for the logo to turn white then start recording. Still no gps data on my goproquick (mac). I saw some third party app that fixes this issues but why should I have to make such a hassle. Gopro should do something about this. 

Highlighted
Tourist

100% correct you are with this statement. 

Did they reply to you about a solution? Its f ing riddiculous at this point. 

I am about to stop using the GoPro all together because all I wanted was telemetry data to edit, and I have to do the same as you. Throguh the iphone. 

Unbelievable GoPro

Highlighted
Tourist

SOLVED !!!

Ok Garmin came and saved the day. 

No more doing it through the phone's quick app. 

Not the best solution, but somethign to get you by until GOPRO fixes this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o81O_D3t2ME

Enjoy

In this video I show how to add GPS overlays to your GoPro footage. This method uses the Garmin Virb editor to add a GPX track to your footage. You can creat...
Highlighted
Tourist

This has been the only solution 

http://racerender.com/RR3/Videos.html

Highlighted
Tourist

Does Gamin VIRB Edit work on GOPRO8 4K 60fps?

I tyr to overlay GPS path on my 4K footage by Gamin app but alway fail...

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes, 4k 60fps works for me on Virb Edit (playback is very choppy though). Does your computer support h265 footage?

Highlighted
Adventurer

@jefft   The Manager of Gopro Webhost:

We gopro members here who Use th GPS are not able since Oct 2017 to use the  Desktop Quick   with the Hero 7 and now Hero 8, we all shoul get a free hero 6 to use until the fix comes about.  GoPro team is nevr about talking or getting back to  the site but  just throwing the fix when completed.  this wins many   people over without news.  It is something we like to be updated about,   

We bn directed to use another program can we be refreshed again  if therie is a  a tweak happening to the gps lowering it down to work  at the least?

Inquerring minds wants to know