Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No GPS Data Hero 8 Black

If you're using Quik for Desktop, here's GoPro's answer via their facebook page:

GoPro Hi Joe! Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well. Our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime

Highlighted
Tourist

same fix for me.  Will GoPro be fixing the Quik app?  I paid top dollar for GoPro vs other cams out there expecting all features to work.  Editing videos on mobile device is less than ideal.

Highlighted
Adventurer

gopro should simply stick to  just making A camera dump all the other stuff ,when they IRON it all out then start by testing before releasing not release and test.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sooooo anoying that I have to go through the mobile-app to put telemetrical data to the video AND afterwards export it to the desktop for further cutting... you cannot be serious...

AND NO: THE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED BY RESETTING!

(I am using: iphone6s, hero8, mac with ios10.12, 8gb 1600hz ddrram)

Hey gopro: at least make a small update so that I can put the clip back to the memory-card of the camera (an then export all the files together) instead of exporting it to "fotos" or sharing by Airdrop!

It allready takes forever to process the implementation of the telemetr. data first and then each "sharing"-attempt needs a huge amount of time to "prepare" the clip.

For example: usung a clip of 2m55sec/2,7k-60/hyper-boosted - its roundabout 2,2gb

To put in the tele-data it took about 10 min. Now I try to export it and while I am writing this my mobile is working hard and taking too much time...10min at least. (And each step I have a quality-drop!)

This is way to long - by the way I like working with the studio-app. Why this castrated "quick"-app? why cant you make a normal desktop version with all functions implementated? - Not everyone just makes 30sec. clips and uploades this directly to instawhatsoevertube.

Highlighted
Adventurer

https://youtu.be/fugJ2jPKrnk

Well I thought  what if GoPro was Perfect, like Sony and  started to charge for   how they did with the apps. to get features to work and this is what I get.  a lot more people be complaining.

Imagine GoPro went this Route
Highlighted
Tourist

...Smiley Wink and I thought: 

why is a feature that worked fine with older hardware and the same software NOT also working with a new hardware...?

about app-fees: they dont do it because they dont want to be bankrupt THAT fast.

Highlighted
Nomad

The reason is that the underlying data structure the telemetry is recorded in has changed recently. Quik is not ready to interpret the change, and developers are not fixing it because they're working on a new desktop app.

Until they release the new software (I'm guessing at some point after the holidays), the only thing we can do is use alternative telemetry software, or use the GPS Quick Fix app to modify the videos to be readable by Quik, or downgrade the camera to old firmware and change the Quik config.

Highlighted
Tourist

@kajuna this is the best response I've heard.  Why does GoPro support not tell us this?  I called twice and spoke to two different people and both just ran through the typical playbook of Factory reset and manual update to try and fix something that is actually working as designed.  GoPro should send out this info to all of their support techs!