Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No Files Found

Thanks Marius, to be clear, the original post said “(even though the computer did recognize the camera).” In other words, the computer detected the camera but said "no files found" on the memory card.  

Formatting the SD card does appear to be a possible solution, but that was not an avenue I attempted to take.  

Thanks,

Fritz

Highlighted
Sightseer

I had the same problem after first installing GoPro Quik Desktop, just closed the program reopened connected the camera and everything showed up fine.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for taking the time to post about what worked for you, @spirybeach18116. Great to know that the Quik app is working now. Stay stoked!

Highlighted
Tourist

I can't believe this hasn't been sorted yet!
The most essential, basic thing you could POSSIBLY want to do when you plug a Gopro into a laptop is to be able to download your pictures!! I've been trying all afternoon and ITS STILL USELESS!!

I've managed to download them with the Quik app onto my phone, but can't find them on there to get them onto my laptop which is where I need them. Pretty pathetic seeing as SO many people are having this problem.

I haven't got my SD card reader with me, its in England, I'm in Australia and I was assuming it would be able to perform such a basic operation.

Highlighted
Nomad

So quick way to do this if you can't put the SD card in your laptop or pc.

Download video and photo's to your phone using the GoPro app.  They'll appear in the GoPro app but not your phone right?

Well now go into the GoPro media gallery, select the shots that you want by highlighting them.  Now click on the big icon in the top right that says "Share".

You will be given many options as to how to share them, select "Save to phone".  

After you do that, open your phones media gallery and there should be a folder in there called "GoPro Exports" and that's where your shared/saved photos and video's are.

Depending in your phone setup and where you store your photo's (In my case an external SD card) you can then plug your phone into your pc or laptop via a USB cable and get your footage and photos from the GoPro export folder.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there,

I tried this yesterday and I'm trying again now, but there is no 'share' icon at top right. I have three dots which say 'refresh' or 'select item' when you tap it. When you select item, you get further options to delete, download or the clapperboard icon which automates a movie I believe. Naturally, I have downloaded them all (more than once) but they are just impossible to find on my phone.

I have highlighted my phone in file explorer, searched it for the specific name of a couple of the files I am looking for and nothing comes up.  Yet they ARE downloaded somewhere because my phone is now totally full.

Nothing from the gopro in my phone's gallery and I have been through every possible folder in my phone to no avail.

I have found the gopro export folder and there's nothing in it.

I found a folder called com.gopro.smarty which contains dozens of sub folders but there are no pictures in any of them.

I have gone into storage and found pictures from 5 years ago taken with a different phone, pretty much everything I've ever taken in fact, except the ones on the gopro from 2 days ago. 

I checked the storage of the gopro app, they are in data (3.58mb) but I can't access them.

I'm up to about 6 hours of wasted time so far . . . . . . 

Highlighted
Nomad

So what version of the APP are you using?  What phone are you using?  What camera are you using?

When you open up the GoPro app and open up the media section it should display something like the following (and it sounds like this is what you're seeing as you can see the 3 dots in the upper right).

Screenshot_20200103-174107_GoPro.jpg

When you select a photo or video you should then get the following options.  From right to left... Delete, Add to quik movie, Share...

Screenshot_20200103-174050_GoPro.jpg

As you can see, when I select a video, the very first option that comes up is Save to phone at the bottom of the screen.  This will save the files into a GoPro Exports folder.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks, I appreciate your patience!

They are currently saving to phone via the method you described, I hope I can find them on my phone . . . . . . !

Yes, they actually are in the export folder, and now transferred to my laptop, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!