Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: No Files Found

Make sure you format your SD card WITH the camera. This solved all of my issues.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem connecting my GOPRO Hero 6 with my Laptop. I really do not know what to do anymore.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem as well. Do I really need to format the SD card before it will work? I have hours of footage on my GoPro, including irreplaceable photos and videos from my wedding, which I can't afford to lose to a format. 

I tried every workaround on this webpage (except for the micro USB adapter which I don't have) and nothing worked: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

Please help!

Highlighted
Explorer

You need to get an adapter.  You can get them from between 50 cents to a few bucks.

Highlighted
Tourist

Don't format the card before you copy the pics. Formatting wipes it clean.

Remove the SD card and use an adpater to download the pics. I have to take my card out every time and I have tried multiple cards and multiple cables and different computers.

Quick recognizes that the SD card was from the GoPro and automatically imports the data for me.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm experiencing the identical issue witha new laptop. The work-around I have is to use an SD-adaptor to import.

Strangely, if I plug the GoPro into my old laptop, I'm able import via Quik.

Old laptop Quik version: 2.3.0.5383

New laptop Quik version: 2.5.0.290

Highlighted
Tourist

I was able to view the files fine on my iPhone, but when I plugged the camera into my computer I got the "No files found" message both using the most up-to-date GoPro Quik desktop app and Windows File Explorer (even though the computer did recognize the camera).  

After futzing around with it for several hours (and being not completely technically incompetent), I ultimately figured out my computer had an SD slot and used an SD card adapter (came with the Sandisk Ultra 64 GB micro SD card) to transfer the files to my Windows 10 PC.   That worked fine.  

Using the GoPro for 14 days I have encountered an endless streams of glitches--really unfortunate that the product is basically unworkable for someone of my technical capabilities and time constraints.  Hope GoPro figures out how to "idiot-proof" future versions of this product.  

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @graycreek03523

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear about what happened. If even your computer does not recognize the camera at all, there may be an issue with the USB port on the computer. Have you been able to try a different port? 

If it is only Quik that does not recognize the camera or the files to be imported, try formatting the SD card through the camera and test again with (new) sample files. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks , 
Marius