Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: No Files Found

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my gopro hero5, everything worked just fine before, on my win 10. however, now for some reason windows recognize my camera, but says that the folder is empty and quik software shows that there is nothing to import. i actually had to insert sd card into my phone , and then i could transfer files to my computer. so as i asume there is no problem with a sd card.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue.  The GoPro desktop app shows that my camera has "No files to import" but I just got back from an epic multi-day rafting trip, and there's certainly some content on there...

My computer doesn't have an SD port, only a USB-C (newer USB) and a USB-A (standard) port. 

Any advice on how to trasfer files from my Hero 3+ Black? 

Let me know, thanks in advance!

Cheers, 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hey @Anonymous,

You can purchase a USB SD card adapter, like the one from Lexar. I personally use that whenever I import onto my computer. In some instances, some would say that this method is actually faster then directly connecting your camera to the computer.

Also, it looks like this issue seems to be a reocurrence with GoPro App for Desktop. Can you confirm that you've downloaded Quik for desktop and retried importing?

~ Mowens

Highlighted
Anonymous

Right on! Thanks man. 

I tried a cople more times, and when I plugged the camera in (turning it on first) it worked! 

Boom. Done. Stoked. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

The funny thing is that my gopro suddenly started working on my pc when I formated sd card, ofc first of all you need to export your videos using sd card reader or any other alternatives. Format your sd card, try to capture a video, connect to your pc while gopro is on, and everything should be just fine. Worked for me.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Having the same issue with my Hero Black 5.

I am using Windows 10. Downloaded the last Quik off the GoPro website now - so I know its the most up to date.

Plug the camera in and it says No Files to Import.

Also - when looking at File Explorer, the folder is empty.

I have a 128gb SD card - with about half used up. I can see all the videos when going through the camera.

Gopro1.JPG
Highlighted
Anonymous

FIGURED IT OUT

SD card needs to be formatted again before working with Quik.

You must use a SD card adapter to transfer the files to your PC, format the memory card from within the GoPro and then it picks up the SD card when plugged in via the GoPro.

Ensure you get all your unsaved videos and pictures off BEFORE formatting obviously.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @Anonymous,

My initial assumption when reading your comment was in line with the resolution you found. I'm glad you were able to figure things out on your own, however!

Cheers