Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

No Files Found

Hello

We have a Hero4 Black  and im having trouble connecting the camera to the PC to tansfer the videos/stills.

The camera is working fine with the iphone APP but as soon as i plug it into the PC the GoPro app launches on the PC and NO Files To Import message appears. I can wifi into the camera and see the content on my iphone, you cant browse to the SD crad as it says there is nothing there. After a few times of unplugging the camera and plugging it back in again it eventually starts to show the pictures but there is something wrong somewhere.

Anyone any ideas ????

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: No Files Found

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thanks for posting! There could be multiple things going on here. I would first try using the SD adapter and plugging the card directly into the computer to transfer onto the GoPro App for Desktop. Then try reformatting the card, inserting it back into the camera, taking some more test footage, and trying once more. 

It could also be that the cable isn't giving you a good connection, since sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Perhaps trying a different cable and/or a different port on your computer will help the problem. 

I'd say give those things a try. If the problem continues, feel free to let us know!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous, just to repeat, you won't be able to cut and paste from the folder of the GoPro onto the PC if the camera is plugged in directly. It has to be imported using a program if the camera is directly connected. You can, however, cut and paste if you plug the SD card directly into the computer. 

@Anonymous, in that case you will want to make sure that you have all updates on your computer completed. You can check Windows Updater to see if there are any outstanding ones, then restart your computer. 

Let us know how that goes!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thanks for posting! There could be multiple things going on here. I would first try using the SD adapter and plugging the card directly into the computer to transfer onto the GoPro App for Desktop. Then try reformatting the card, inserting it back into the camera, taking some more test footage, and trying once more. 

It could also be that the cable isn't giving you a good connection, since sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Perhaps trying a different cable and/or a different port on your computer will help the problem. 

I'd say give those things a try. If the problem continues, feel free to let us know!

Highlighted
Anonymous

i have the exact same problem with my hero 4 black, tried your suggestions matt and no go..   any other suggestions to get my videos off my camera?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear you're having that problem. Is the SD card recognized by the computer when you plug it in directly? And is the camera turned on when plugged into the computer? If so, what is it showing on the front screen? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi

I have same problem on my gopro 4 Silver. 
When I sync the camera via wifi I can dowload all files on the iphone/ipad, while when I connect the camera directly to my PC via UBS cable the PC or Gopro app says to me there are no files to import. I tried the following:

- restart the PC twice

- reconnect the camera 3 times

- restart the gopro after replacing the SD 

The windows app Photo says that probably the camera is ''protected''. Is this something possible? On the PC I see the gopro connected, I enter the folder of the SD and it looks empty

Thanks for assistance

Matteo

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous,

The camera is protected, so it might be that the import software you're using is incompatible. You should use the GoPro App for Desktop or Windows Explorer to import the files from the camera. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,

I am using the goPro App for Desktop, but once the camera is connected it says to me there are no file to import. But in the camera I have 240 vdeos about. What is the issue?

Thank you

Matteo

Highlighted
GoPro

Interesting. That should work if you're using the GoPro App for Desktop. If you plug the SD card directly into the computer does the App import them to the computer?