Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

No 360 ambisonics audio on MAX

I'm a longtime fusion user and it took me a while to find a workflow to get a real ambisonics sound edited and delivered .

Finally it really worked nicely with the FUSION for 1 year now.

Now I got my new MAX the very first day it was available....but, at the moment , I'm really disappointed.

There are a few things that are worse then in the fusion. (and only one issue is better).

Actually I'm missing any announced 360 sound .

Whatever I've set (noise reduction on/off, stereo/ stereo and 360sound, horizon on/off, world..on/off, Prores/H264/HEVC) I never got any audio exported else then plain stereo.

I've tried it with the OSX-Gopro-player and the WIN10 GoPro-Exporter...there is no 360 multichannelsound whatever I do.

I'm shooting in 5K6 either with setting HEVC or H225/HEVC, no difference

Is there anyone who got a real 360 sound out of the MAX, or can tell how it works !?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: No 360 ambisonics audio on MAX

Not getting any ambisonic options here either - and that was the main reason I bought the camera. My guess is that the ambisonics features have not been implemented yet. 

The idea that horizon lock and world level need to be disabled for spherical audio to work is a bit of a joke - anyone competent enough to develop the mic array for mixed order ambisonics (this looks like a 2nd order horizontal/1st order periphonic array) should have zero issue implementing the horizon metadata via the audio decoder in the gopro player.

I doubt it will ever be implemented, but if I were at gopro, I would add the ability to make dynamic changes to the beamformer for audio focus in post. That would be a unique feature for sure.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just pulled the audio portion into ProTools, and only got a stereo mix. Would have expected ProTools to pick up the ambisonic audio if it had been there.

Now that I think about it, I wish I had a video from before the firmware update that I could test to see if the spherical video image stabilization was updated at the expense of the spherical audio encoding.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bluewater86456 and @alertwave750. Our team is aware of the option not working and will be resolving it in a future update. Stay tuned!

Highlighted
Tourist

Already returned it. :I

Highlighted
Hiker

Anche io ho lo stesso problema, impossibile sentire audio ambisonic 360. 

ho preso la camera principalmente per questa funzione, in quanto pubblicizzato anche la direzionalità l' asse verticale,  unica action camera al momento ad averlo. 

Quando sistemerete il problema?

inoltre uscirà una versione del go pro player. compatibile anche con versioni precedenti di OSX=? (da 10.13 i driver cuda nvidia non sono più supportati) e  al memomento devo utilizzare un computer apposta solo per esportare i video 360 in .mp4... che comunque hanno audio monofonico...

bel giocattolo ma ci vorrei lavorare.

per cortesia, risolvete al più presto.

Gradirei meno pubblicità e più sostanza. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. A new version of the GoPro Exporter has been released. This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

>Added support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio.
>Enhanced 360 audio for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock.
>An improved user interface, including:
    +More intuitive look and feel
    +Preview controls
    +Cancel export button
    +Sticky user settings
    +Drag and Drop files from the camera

>Several bug fixes and enhancements, including:
    +Fixed app crash issues related to video imports, previews, and changing languages
    +Video preview now renders first frame
    +GPMF track is now present in exported files

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new version and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

When will these updates be available for the Mac version of GoPro Player...or Quik...?

I see there has just been an update but these are features are not part of it....