Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

No 360 ambisonics audio on MAX

[ New ]

I'm a longtime fusion user and it took me a while to find a workflow to get a real ambisonics sound edited and delivered .

Finally it really worked nicely with the FUSION for 1 year now.

Now I got my new MAX the very first day it was available....but, at the moment , I'm really disappointed.

There are a few things that are worse then in the fusion. (and only one issue is better).

Actually I'm missing any announced 360 sound .

Whatever I've set (noise reduction on/off, stereo/ stereo and 360sound, horizon on/off, world..on/off, Prores/H264/HEVC) I never got any audio exported else then plain stereo.

I've tried it with the OSX-Gopro-player and the WIN10 GoPro-Exporter...there is no 360 multichannelsound whatever I do.

I'm shooting in 5K6 either with setting HEVC or H225/HEVC, no difference

Is there anyone who got a real 360 sound out of the MAX, or can tell how it works !?

Tourist

Re: No 360 ambisonics audio on MAX

[ New ]

Not getting any ambisonic options here either - and that was the main reason I bought the camera. My guess is that the ambisonics features have not been implemented yet. 

The idea that horizon lock and world level need to be disabled for spherical audio to work is a bit of a joke - anyone competent enough to develop the mic array for mixed order ambisonics (this looks like a 2nd order horizontal/1st order periphonic array) should have zero issue implementing the horizon metadata via the audio decoder in the gopro player.

I doubt it will ever be implemented, but if I were at gopro, I would add the ability to make dynamic changes to the beamformer for audio focus in post. That would be a unique feature for sure.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just pulled the audio portion into ProTools, and only got a stereo mix. Would have expected ProTools to pick up the ambisonic audio if it had been there.

Now that I think about it, I wish I had a video from before the firmware update that I could test to see if the spherical video image stabilization was updated at the expense of the spherical audio encoding.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bluewater86456 and @alertwave750. Our team is aware of the option not working and will be resolving it in a future update. Stay tuned!

Tourist

[ New ]

Already returned it. :I

Hiker

[ New ]

Anche io ho lo stesso problema, impossibile sentire audio ambisonic 360. 

ho preso la camera principalmente per questa funzione, in quanto pubblicizzato anche la direzionalità l' asse verticale,  unica action camera al momento ad averlo. 

Quando sistemerete il problema?

inoltre uscirà una versione del go pro player. compatibile anche con versioni precedenti di OSX=? (da 10.13 i driver cuda nvidia non sono più supportati) e  al memomento devo utilizzare un computer apposta solo per esportare i video 360 in .mp4... che comunque hanno audio monofonico...

bel giocattolo ma ci vorrei lavorare.

per cortesia, risolvete al più presto.

Gradirei meno pubblicità e più sostanza. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. A new version of the GoPro Exporter has been released. This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

>Added support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio.
>Enhanced 360 audio for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock.
>An improved user interface, including:
    +More intuitive look and feel
    +Preview controls
    +Cancel export button
    +Sticky user settings
    +Drag and Drop files from the camera

>Several bug fixes and enhancements, including:
    +Fixed app crash issues related to video imports, previews, and changing languages
    +Video preview now renders first frame
    +GPMF track is now present in exported files

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new version and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

When will these updates be available for the Mac version of GoPro Player...or Quik...?

I see there has just been an update but these are features are not part of it....

Tourist

[ New ]

new update ? where ? on ur site there's nothing new.. no updates since several weeks ago.

yes a new version was launched weeks ago...

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro Player (for Mac) was updated 6 days ago....https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Player

Not a Windows user but I belive that MAX Exporter was updated at the same time....https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Max-Exporter

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new version and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!

i' im using the last version. 

Vesion 1.0.2 (418)

still not work.

try again.

Hiker

[ New ]

really mariustanya  , now I am excepetional p...... !!!

you want us to check whether your software is working, and announce big changes (fixed bugs) which in fact are still not solved.

You are releasing a statement what is not even simply tested by your developers themselfes.

I do not accept any excuses anymore that your people at gopro where not even able to see that there is still no 360sound.

(the same time I can extract it by myself as described in another thread .... so the 4ch track is already in the *.360file !!)

But now , let's do it officially the other way around.

Please show us a simple screenshot of the GoPro-Player (OSX) where you can select the 360audio checkbox under whatever combination of other options what you like.

In all our cases IT IS STILL GREYED OUT in version 1.0.2!!!

So , please prove your words HERE !!!

Tourist

[ New ]

today the new export was released... few days after @mariustanya talked about it.

it seems that the new exporter is working as intended we will see in the next few days what more we can say.

the delay of deployment of the software might be on microsoft's end... thats why we got the heads up here before it was actualy launched in microsoft store thank you @mariustanya  i will keep you informed if something goes wrong with this new version.

keep up the good work and never lose ur patience with us, cheers

Hiker

[ New ]

good work ??

did you really check it out...... export something with 360audio on......and try to import it in premiereprocc20 or resolve .... you honestly got this video AND audio to work ????

Hiker

[ New ]

Buongiorno, ho effettuato nuovamente la prova. 

Confermo che qua su OSX 10.14.6. e go pro player 1.0.2 (418) non è ancora possibile l' esportazione dell' audio 360.

Vorrei segnalare anche alcuni problemi che sto riscontrato sull' APP per ios. versione 6.3 (3421) iOS 13.2.3. (proverò nelle prossime settimane ad aggionare iOS)

- Problemi con la cancellazione dei file: il tasto non funziona se si cerca di cancellare i file dal menu ... in alto a dx. quando si sta visualizzando un file (mentre funziona selezionando uno o più file dalla gallery e poi tasto cestino)

- Il recapture delle foto a 360 presenta problemi di orientamento: la foto esportata risulta orientata diversamente rispetto all' inquadratura fatta durante il recapture (più in alto e ruotata in senso antiorario)

- Frequenti crash dell' app. quando si tenta di riprodurre  la preview un file video 360 dai media della camera (quindi senza prima scaricare il file sul dispositivo) forse problema di memoria?  (ho circa 30gb liberi sul dispositivo... proverò a liberare più spazio)

buon lavoro

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you, @faabz. We look forward to hearing back from you regarding your observations. 

@nimblestar40670, @bluewater86456. Apologies for the delayed response. There might be some confusion in terms of the update information that you received. The one I posted (including the support for 360 audio) was for GoPro Exporter (the app for Windows). The new version, v 1.9.2.0, has all the improvements listed. 

The latest version of the GoPro Player (the app for Mac, which is what you have) has the following release notes: This update includes the following bug fixes and improvement:

• Fixed stabilization issue for videos without World Lock.
  • Fixed horizon leveling issue for MAX TimeWarp and TimeLapse videos that were trimmed.
  • Squashed a few bugs and made a couple of enhancements.

These were noted in @capediver 's post above. Rest assured that your feedback regarding what's still missing in the app is being communicated with the team. We appreciate the details that you have shared so far. 

Tourist

[ New ]

When we are at it , could you Please adress the Exporter on Windows. Its not possible to Decode 5.6k Cineform correctly , wich worked prior to that "greatly fullfilling and improved" downgrade to the Exporter ? The Support BOT is not working , i have no Possibility to Contact anyone. I cannot download the old version , cause we are forced to use the Auto-Updating Microsoft store. Iam absolutely dissapointed over the Lack of communication and options regarding early adopters. Maybe market next time " Mac not includet" . 

Nomad

[ New ]

So GoPro Player has been updated...now 1.0.3....

Please can someone let me know how to enable 360 audio, I have clips that were recorded with 360 audio enabled but no matter what combo equirectangular 360 export settings to unedited/ no reframing I select, the 360 audio option is greyed out?

Despite an update, is this function not been fixed?

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya Sorry, but the updated MAX Exporter is not only lack of 360 audio capability, but also ruins the entire video that all videos coming out of MAX Exporter are now not recognized as videos on the latest Premiere Pro.

Sorry, GoPro Player is not the one that does not have 360 audio capability, and sorry, I am very skeptical that GoPro was intending to provide the solution to those missing parts in the software, but try to cover up their mistakes.

So please, could you not just be sharing the least hints on what is going on?

Nomad

[ New ]

Does anyone know anybody that has been able to get the 360 audio working.....?

GoPro have advertised the Max as having 360 audio and it's clearly mentioned in the tech specs page on their website...however, judging by the feedback on this forum, it's just not available.....

The last GoPro Help Article for Rendering Videos in the GoPro Player was dated 10-30-2019....and it clearly stated:

Options - World Lock, Horizon Level, 360 Audio(Coming soon), Retain GPMF Data 

Since then there have been 2 updates to GoPro Player. Still no 360 audio, despite advertising it......!

Is there something I'm missing here...maybe it can only be done on a mobile device...? Anyone have any answers?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @kongineer. I appreciate the feedback. We just released new versions of both the GoPro MAX Player and the GoPro MAX Exporter. Please take a look at the fixes here. Particularly, there is a notation about 360 audio accessibility in the apps. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @capediver. Our team is still working on it. We have released new versions for both the GoPro MAX Player and GoPro MAX Exporter today. Fixes and improvements are listed at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player-GoPro-MAX-Exporter-Release-Notes/ta-p/446375 . We will continue to keep you posted as we continue to improve the app. Your feedback is highly appreciated. 

Nomad

[ New ]

@mariustanya ...there are no improvements for 360 audio in the latest version of GoPro player for MAC users......and I see GoPro have backed off on 360 audio for the Wndows Explorer version and disabled it.....

At some point your development team will either have to fix this or remove the function completely and address the outcry from MAX buyers. Let's hope they come up with a solution soon! Right now we all got a defective product....echoes of Apple "You holding it wrong".....

Tourist

[ New ]

Please update the OSX Mac Gopro Player to support 360 audio!!!  

Hiker

[ New ]

Grazie per la precisazione, aspetto nuovi aggiornamenti. 

GoPro

[ New ]

We will keep this thread posted once we hear back from the team. They are still working on getting the 360 audio accessible in both the GoPro MAX Player and the GoPro MAX Exporter. Thank you for your patience. 

Tourist

[ New ]

VLC recognises both audio streams in the .360 files from the SD card as 32 bit signed little endian and plays them back as such

I figured installing ffmpeg on my machine would allow me to import them using Audacity

Unfortunately I am wrong and the 4 channels simply come up blank (with some background noise)

So, how come VLC can see it and ffmpeg can't

Kinda need to solve this ASAP or I need my money back

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

Okay it's late I am trying everything to make this work and I made a mistake in my last post

Here's whats really happening

Handbrake (using ffmpeg library) thinks the files in PCM_S32LE

VLC plays the file back and thinks it is PCM_S32BE

Audacity recognises the file as BE and imports silence

I suspect the file is carrying the wrong flag and VLC somehow works out the file is actually Big Endian?

I suspect your YouTube issue is down to the wrong flag in your files BE vs LE

Need to get this fixed ASAP

Hiker

[ New ]

..just checked is as well...

i am able since a month now to extract the 4ch ambisonicstrack with ffmpeg.

That files can be used without problems for example in resolve and premierepro.

Playing back in vlc shows me PCM S32LE (no BE)  (little endian because I'm on a mac) ... so this way should work

... but for sure ... it should work automatically with the gopro software as well ... what is not happening since nearly 2 month now ... and I really cannot understand what is going on at gopro... if someone like me can extract and combine this audiotrack from *.360 to *.mp4 then why in the world are the gopro developers are not able to provide this as well ????