Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Night Video in Tomorrowland festival

Hi guys! In one month I’m going to Tomorrowland, it’s a music festival with lots stages, lights and fireworks, I will bring my GoPro 6, just wondering what are the best setting for night video? Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Night Video in Tomorrowland festival

The most important setting you need to choose is a low fps. 24 and 30 fps will be best. Choosing the resolution depends on a lot of things, but I find 2.7 to be the most versatile and looks great. At 24fps you will allow the camera to capture the most light per frame, but you may end up with too much motion blur. For these reasons, I suggest you use 2.7K/30 wide.

In many cases, low light looks best with Protune turned off; however, if you are going to be editing the footage and doing some color correction, turn Protune on, set the ISO max to 800 (you can go higher but will start to get a lot of grain/noise), sharpness Low, manually select the best WB, and use Color Flat. You can also use these settings with Color GoPro, but you wont get as much detail in shadows.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

The most important setting you need to choose is a low fps. 24 and 30 fps will be best. Choosing the resolution depends on a lot of things, but I find 2.7 to be the most versatile and looks great. At 24fps you will allow the camera to capture the most light per frame, but you may end up with too much motion blur. For these reasons, I suggest you use 2.7K/30 wide.

In many cases, low light looks best with Protune turned off; however, if you are going to be editing the footage and doing some color correction, turn Protune on, set the ISO max to 800 (you can go higher but will start to get a lot of grain/noise), sharpness Low, manually select the best WB, and use Color Flat. You can also use these settings with Color GoPro, but you wont get as much detail in shadows.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much Daniel.

I will go with

-4k -30 for daylight 

-2.7k- 120 for slow motion

-2.7k- 30 for nigh 

and protune on