Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Night Photo doesn't work on PC or Iphone

[ New ]

Why is it, that the Night Photo shows a perfekt picture when looking at it on the GoPro, but after importing to PC or Iphone it is only black?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Night Photo doesn't work on PC or Iphone

[ New ]

Hi @andreass23807

How was the file transferred to your computer and your phone?

Would you be able to share a sample file?

What version is the camera on?

Is this only happening with Night photos? How about other modes?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey,

it only happens with Night photos. I transfered it via the SD Card to the GoPro Quick App on my MacBook.

In the preview, I can see the photo but when I click on it, it's just black, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

I updated the GoPro two days ago and tried it again. On the PC it still doesn't work, but on the Iphone app it works now.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-21 um 11.53.20.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @andreass23807

If the files are opening fine on the camera and the GoPro App, then this means that the source file is still good.

Would you mind opening the files using a different application on your computer?

Programs to View and Edit Videos

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey Ej,

it works with the preview program on my MacBook, as well as with Lightroom. However, not with GoPro Quick for Desktop, even after deleting and installing it again.

Regards

Andi

Nomad

[ New ]

This is most likely due to the fact you're using a piece of software that hasn't been updated in over 2 years and is no longer supported by GoPro with a camera that just got released onto the market.

Stop using Quik.