Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: New tool to view/convert GPS and sensor data

[ Edited ]

I emailed you a short lrv from my hero 7 black. 

For reference, when I uploaded a video from my hero 5 session, the temperature field is there. This would be very helpful in diagnosing the problem with the hero 7 black.

Highlighted
Nomad

@mastershake I just checked your file and none of the data streams include temperature data. Double checked with my Hero7 footage, and same results. It appears this was removed for Hero7 cameras, the rest of models have it (5 black ,5 session, 6 and Fusion).

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, I launched the downloadable Premium version of the app for Windows, as some people requested: https://prototyping.barcelona/gopro-telemetry-extractor-premium/

These are some of its advantages:

Use it anywhere, no internet needed
No data charges
Faster on powerful computers
100% privacy
Load and process multiple files at once
Merge metadata of consecutive files
Data smoothing to reduce noise
More frequency options
Custom settings
Email support (1 year)
Software updates (1 year)
No ads

And here's the instructions manual: https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/quickguide.pdf

The first users will get a discounted price :).

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Highlighted
Nomad

Aaaand now it's available for macOS too :)
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Kajuna,

used you tool to extract a gps file to do a fly over tour in google Earth Pro like in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWf6UMtvKm0

However, can't get it to follow. It just give 13 secs of a tour but just sits there and does nothing. I got to to follow onece, just don't know how I triggered it. 

Tried both GP 5 and 7 files. 

Any ideas?

Love you prog btw. 

A brief description of how to create a birds eye "fly-through" from a Strava activity track downloaded as a .gpx file and opened in Google Earth. I am using ...
Highlighted
Hiker

Found it, have to use the "track"

Highlighted
Nomad

Glad you solved it. Will be useful for other users. Also, if you want to share your video once it's ready it will be fun to watch the Google Earth result.

On another note, I just found out you can trim clips in GoPro Fusion Studio and still retain telemetry. I wish Quick would preserve telemetry too. The output files are .mov sometimes, so I enabled .mov support in the telemetry extractor.
Highlighted
Hiker

Will have to check out the Fusion software, thank for the tip