Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: New tool to view/convert GPS and sensor data

Hey guys. I recorded a tutorial explaining how to use the tool. Hope you find it useful :)

Highlighted
Hiker

Nice, tks

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I just published a video made with these tools (the Telemetry Extractor and the After Effects template).

I bring you good news. The app is compatible with the Hero 8 out of the box!

I also want to thank everyone that is using the app, and I encourage you to post your videos too!

Highlighted
Hiker

DC Rainmaker uploaded some .360 files from the MAX he recorded for his review, about 4gb for the 8 minute file. Given the camera's auto-horizon finding I wonder how messy the files look if they were imported into your tool. They're on his drive here: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1h-ks7-jxV6uRE_pcrKMGsaIiPRjJ0eWa

Highlighted
Nomad

@fischju Yes, thanks.

These are the new data streams in the Hero8, especially interesting to see (per frame) orientation, which should allow easy stabilisation in post. And gravity vector (potentially for a flat horizon).

hosting30.jpg

The GoPro Max also adds Disparity Matrix, which in my tests contained no data (maybe after a software update?)

Highlighted
Hiker

David newman on twitter was going on about this the other day. Think he has some software for Max 

Highlighted
Hiker

its actually on the this site

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-FX-Reframe/ta-p/412890

Reframe plugin. 

Looks good, I just don't have premier :-) 

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes, that plugin works great. It does not use telemetry, but combining reframing with the available telemetry tools can make for some cool edits.