Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: New tool to view/convert GPS and sensor data

@kajuna  escreveu:

@cesarblu Sorry. I hadn't seen the screenshot. You will have to use some combinaion of softwares. This post gives some interesing clues on how to achieve that sort of thing: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization/Post-your-metadata-videos-here/gpm-p/224...

Thank you @kajuna, hugs

Nomad

You can link Google Earth and track maps with various apps.   I use a couple of racecar oriented ones as I do motorsports.

Here is one in beta that accepts GoPro...it can do data overlays on the video, but is great for analysis.  Fast renders.   It's how I compared the 6/7's GPS functionality and gave use advice earlier :  

https://vimeo.com/354499077

Another is racerender3 which also easily handles Gopro files...this one is more data onto the video.   Which is all many need, like a better version of what GoPro does.  Slow renders. 

This is "GoPro test - Analysis" by Sjmarcy on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
Hiker

@stanleym7236  escreveu:

You can link Google Earth and track maps with various apps.   I use a couple of racecar oriented ones as I do motorsports.

Here is one in beta that accepts GoPro...it can do data overlays on the video, but is great for analysis.  Fast renders.   It's how I compared the 6/7's GPS functionality and gave use advice earlier :  

https://vimeo.com/354499077

Another is racerender3 which also easily handles Gopro files...this one is more data onto the video.   Which is all many need, like a better version of what GoPro does.  Slow renders. 

Thank you @stanleym7236, hugs

Nomad

You can also have video editor software do an overlay to google earth via overlays and alpha etc.   For instance if you capture a suitable Google Earth or other image, save that as png with the rest of the frame not present then this can be layered under your GoPro app's track map.  

So, a few ways depending on your needs and interests. 

Tourist

Is there any way to access the cameras temperature sensor data?

Nomad

@mastershake Yes. The temperature data is not included as a standalone sensor, but it is integrated in some other sensors data. For example, if you export the accelerometer or the gyroscope to CSV, you will get a Temperature column. If you export to json, the temperature will only be visible in the samples where it changes, inside a "stycky" object. Hope that helps

Tourist

I'm exporting both the accelleramoter and the gyroscope data to CVS, there are no temperature columns. What am I doing wrong?

Hero 7 black

Nomad

@mastershake it might only be there in some cameras or modes. If you want to send me a sample I'll have a look (app@prototyping.barcelona). You can send the LRV file instead of the MP4.