Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

New to Gopro

I’m hoping to buy a GoPro, but need some advice. I would use it on holidays for video and photos. I need a model where I can have a spare battery. Do I go for the GoPro Hero 2018, Gopro Hero 5, Hero 6 or Hero 7 ? 

Im not into extreme sports, I’d like a good quality video and photos.... any advise please ? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: New to Gopro

Hi @jacqueline5171,

I would suggest to use HERO7 Silver or Black. 

Silver is very user friendly and easy to use. 

But if you need a very good quality camera that can be used as all around camera I can suggest HERO7 Black. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

personally i'd go for the Hero 7, it is actually cheaper than the Hero 6 & quality & stabilization are amazing

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jacqueline5171,

I would suggest to use HERO7 Silver or Black. 

Silver is very user friendly and easy to use. 

But if you need a very good quality camera that can be used as all around camera I can suggest HERO7 Black. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I’m in the UK and all the GoPro Hero 7’s are more expensive than the Hero 6. Also the Silver and White 7 have a built in battery which I don’t want.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Gopro isabout the latest models. Hero 7 Black I go for Best gimbal like  EIS. and timewarp feature. that sold me. spend hte money for it you'll not regret it

Highlighted
Tourist

@fishycomics wrote:

Gopro isabout the latest models. Hero 7 Black I go for Best gimbal like  EIS. and timewarp feature. that sold me. spend hte money for it you'll not regret it

What’s a gimbal ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jacqueline5171

A gimbal is a pivoted support that allows the rotation of an object about a single axis.

A camera gimbal helps stabilize videos.

You may also check GoPro's Karma Grip features.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Adventurer

GIMBAL LIKE  gopro electronic image stabiliation on the Hero 7 islike a gimbal like video smoot... gimbals started out with single two, three axis   with the EIS it may be up to 5 axis

most gimbals are pitch, roll  and yaw something what ht mod was trying to say