Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

New hero 5 black Cant connect app to my camera

Hi,

I can´t connect from the Android App to my new Hero 5 Black.

Phone:

Xiaomi Note 4

Android 7.0

Miui 9.5

Camera Firmware: 02.60

I can see the Wifi created by the camera, and I can connect to it.

I can start the process from the app, then it will start "connecting", it willdisable the Wifi, ask for the wifi password again and that´s it, it will just start a loop connecting and asking for the wifi password over and over, and doesn´t move forward.

I´ve tried everything I have seen in the forums, youtube...nothing works. I am desperate.

Can you help?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: New hero 5 black Cant connect app to my camera

Hello @fdavidbs

Great that you have been able to perform recommended steps. It would be bets to contact our Support team for further assistance on this concern. You can get in touch with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, thanks for you rply.

Already done that, but your support team told me there´s no solution. Basically, and I want to leave this here for any other user, you can´t use the gopro app on a Xiaomi phone...which is incredible, as there must be tens of millionsof users of these phones...and  in your public compatibility list it clearly says any phone with Android 5.0 or superior ( I have 7.0 )

This is ridiculous, I will think twice in the future before buying a Gopro camera in the future, maybe I´ll go for a Xiaomi Yi camera, as I am pretty sure these are compatible with any phone.

Poor support.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fdavidbs

I am sorry if you feel this way. We appreciate your feedback, I suggest to leave it as on this link.

Regards,

EJ