Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

New camera screen/touch screen stopped working after 3 weeks

[ New ]

Hi,

Purchased a new gopro from you 30 days ago and a few days ago the back screen/touch screen stopped working.
The Front screen works fine, but the main touch screen is black all the time. Followed your previous support advice solutions on previous tickets. (have tried everything)

Did manual update for the firmware, but cannot do factory reset as I cannot use the touch screen as it is black. (Upset)
Have been super super careful with the camera putting the sd card in so it's not that issue either. (ended up using the sd card because the gopro app was so unstable/unreliable)
I'm beyond upset by the fact that it's day 30 the camera (which was awesome) touch screen has stopped working (a few days ago), and I cannot contact any customer support and can not even send an email to support, really hope you can give me a refund or something. The camera is essentially useless the day my 30 day moneyback guarantee runs out and your support is unavailble.
Really can't believe how badly this has worked out, I thought by buying the older camera model all the software/firmware bugs would be ironed out. 
Can you please offer some useful assistance?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: New camera screen/touch screen stopped working after 3 weeks

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @antom1. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. 

When contacting them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please try to manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

If having trouble connecting to our Chat Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "US, English" on the webpage (upper-right portion of the page).

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @antom1. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. 

When contacting them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please try to manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

If having trouble connecting to our Chat Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "US, English" on the webpage (upper-right portion of the page).

Sightseer

[ New ]
thanks aenriquez :),
Switched to US, waiting on chat as request a call option not working.