Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

New Hero9. Doing first charge. Slow and hot!

[ New ]
Help! Just got new GP. Doing first charge. Camera hot and took 6hrs for 35% charge. using items ordered directly from GP: charger cable, SD card and; battery

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: New Hero9. Doing first charge. Slow and hot!

[ New ]
Thanks! The original charger had those specs but I tried a second one and it charged the camera quickly and without heat. So I’ll just use the 2nd one moving forward. Thanks so much for your advice!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@jenniferl425, what's the power plug or wall adapter used? Were you using a computer to charge your GoPro?

For further details, see Recommended Chargers.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for responding. I wasn’t using a computer to charge. Used the wall charger that came new with my iPhone XR, which I got a couple years ago. Could that be the problem?
GoPro

[ New ]

@jenniferl425, it is recommended to use a wall adapter/plug with 5V 2A or 1A output.

If you're already using the recommended one and still experiencing issues, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks! The original charger had those specs but I tried a second one and it charged the camera quickly and without heat. So I’ll just use the 2nd one moving forward. Thanks so much for your advice!