Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update

I manually updated the firmware and still will not connect over usb. When you turn the camera on it says USB on the lcd screen and then goes to the camera view. Nothing shows up in quik. 

GoPro

Hi everyone, 

As has been mentioned by some others, always be sure to run an update to the camera if you're running into trouble. (The manual update is the only one you can do if the camera is already on the latest firmware.)

Additionally, it's a good idea to test on another computer and with a different cable to isolate where the issue is coming from. 

Running a Factory Reset on the camera (the last option in the Preferences menu) can also help in a situation like this. 

Tourist

I've manually updated to the latest firmware, however my Session 5 still won't connect. Camera is recognised instantly by a laptop running Windows Insider but will not link to a production Windows 10 PC.

How hard can it be to get this right?

Error.jpg

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Same here, got brand new Hero5 Session for my B-day yesterday and Win10 does not recognize it (Canadian sold model).

Updated firmware and same issue MTP device error. Spent entire day today trying to set it. If SD card plugged in the PC it automatically starts the Quik and sees is as the storage card from GoPro, when in camera, the USB device is not recognized.

Love the game when M$ blames the vendors and vendors blame M$ for issues...

Dissapointed with the lack of apps for Windows10 phone as well. Discriminating Win phone users, overrated, overpaid, hyped product...

F A I L ! ! !

Tourist

My Session 5 miraculously starting being recognised by Windows 10 after the latest OS update. Wonder if the complaint I made to Microsoft had something to do with it?

Tourist

I'm having a similar problem on Win 10

• Quick doesn't recognise the Hero5. all the controls in the menus are still greyed out (inactive)
  • Hero 5 recognised by win10 "Select what happens to this device". I can get files in explorer etc
  • USB driver removed and reinstalled in autoplay, connected devices.
  • Win 10 updates checked and up todate.
  • Quick re-installed 3 times.
  • Different usb port used
  •  Done a factory reset on the Hero5 and now Quick auto opens but all the controls in the menus are still greyed out (inactive)

Quick 2.1.0.4643
    Hero5 01.55

However I can't find any driver details in device manager. Should I see something?

Pete

Explorer

"Select what happens to this device"

What do you select when you get this message?

Tourist

Well I've "fixed" this. Not so much fixed it but found out the cause of the problem. The Quik startup screen image is too big for my screen however  it is 1980x1080. It was only after I selected "restore down" rather than the "Close" X that the screen resized and I found the controls at the bottom of the screen. After logging in all was well.

It would be usefull if the jump to the registration/logon screen was in the menus on the menu bar.

Pete