10-06-2016 06:14 AM
That was a very good catch. I did not realize I was using the outdated GoPro app - one of the links to download Quik took me instead to download both GoPro app and GoPro Studio app. I have now correctly downloaded Quik, installed it and got it to unload the movies and pictures on my Hero5 camera using the USB cable
1. There was nothing wrong with the USB cable.
2. There was everything wrong with the GoPro app - I should be using the Quik app instead.
3. There was nothing wrong with the type of movie setting I used - 4k, 2.7k, 1080p, 720p.
4. There was nothing wrong with my Mac.
5. There was nothing wrong with my SD card. (GoPro chat agent suggested I replace my SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB with SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB).
6. This community is awesome.
10-15-2016 01:17 AM
Anyone else had this problem come up.? I have upgraded my Gopro Hero5 to the 1.20 update. Same problem as you guys wifi not available and no name or password shows up. Have tried factory resetting the camera and also reset connections but still nothing. The blue light flashes like crazy on the front of the camera when i turn it on. So frustrating as I only bought the new camera yesterday.
10-15-2016 05:59 AM
OMG! So annoying !
After reading all the grief with the same issues then this! Doh!
If we all downloaded Quick like it says on the side of the tin then maybe many of these issue would never be causing such despair.
10-15-2016 05:20 PM
So frustrating. Cant get the hero 5 to work when plugged into the PC and wifi will not start on it. I have only had this camera for a day so might be time to send it back for a refund.
10-15-2016 05:35 PM
Thats the thing I cant get the PC to recognise it so it will not work with Quik. I am on version 1.20 after updating manually but the wifi just keeps saying its not ready try again later and the PC wont recognise the camera when it is plugged in.