Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update

That was a very good catch.  I did not realize I was using the outdated GoPro app - one of the links to download Quik took me instead to download both GoPro app and GoPro Studio app.  I have now correctly downloaded Quik, installed it and got it to unload the movies and pictures on my Hero5 camera using the USB cable Smiley Happy

So conclusion:

1. There was nothing wrong with the USB cable.

2. There was everything wrong with the GoPro app - I should be using the Quik app instead.

3. There was nothing wrong with the type of movie setting I used - 4k, 2.7k, 1080p, 720p.

4. There was nothing wrong with my Mac.

5. There was nothing wrong with my SD card.  (GoPro chat agent suggested I replace my SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB with SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB).

6. This community is awesome.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Anyone else had this problem come up.?  I have upgraded my Gopro Hero5 to the 1.20 update.  Same problem as you guys wifi not available and no name or password shows up.  Have tried factory resetting the camera and also reset connections but still nothing.  The blue light flashes like crazy on the front of the camera when i turn it on.  So frustrating as I only bought the new camera yesterday.  

Anonymous

OMG! So annoying !

After reading all the grief with the same issues then this! Doh!

Thanks epicwave586...

If we all downloaded Quick like it says on the side of the tin then maybe many of these issue would never be causing such despair.

Anonymous

So frustrating.  Cant get the hero 5 to work when plugged into the PC and wifi will not start on it.  I have only had this camera for a day so might be time to send it back for a refund.

Explorer

What are your settings in Quik for desktop? Is it set to auto download? Also, are you on the latest firmware update?

Anonymous

Thats the thing I cant get the PC to recognise it so it will not work with Quik.  I am on version 1.20 after updating manually but the wifi just keeps saying its not ready try again later and the PC wont recognise the camera when it is plugged in.

Anonymous

same problem help please

Sightseer

Same Problem.

repeating steps from the "marked as solution" do not resolve the issue for me.