Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update

One last thing to try is reformat your SD card using the settings in your camera.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'll eventually try it, but I really don't see how the contents of a data card can affect the camera's core functions like it's Wi-Fi connectivity.
If it turns out that it does, that'd be really weird :o
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,

just to share with you, I have the same problem after update the firmware v1.20 in my hero5 black.

I can't believe it.

Regards,

Jose Luis

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi Jose, thanks for your post.

Do you have the same symptoms ? :

- camera not seen by PC when plugged into USB port (but still charges).

- "Wi-Fi not ready. Try again later" message when accessing an option in the Connect menu.

- Camera name blank in the "About this GoPro" menu.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,

Yes, I had the 3 same symptoms, but I have news....

This morning I upgrade the firmware following the manual process, downloading the firmware in my laptop, unzip the file and instaling in the microSD and introduce in the Hero5 Black.

The upgrade was ok, but when I start the Hero5 it's seems to have the sames symptoms, the wifi doesn`t works. I made a reset connections and start to work the wifi. :)  I can pair with my iphone. The name of the gopro appears again. The hero5 keeps the original name and changes the password to connect via wifi.

After solves the wifi problem, I had test the laptop connection. When you conect the gopro to the laptop, until you don't push the mode button, the windows10 doesn't detect gopro and you can't reach via Quik Laptop. After push the mode button, you can pair without problems.

Anyway, I'll test during the next days to check that all it's ok,

Regards,

Jose

Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried to "reset connections" too, but it didn't change anything Smiley Frustrated

But I didn't try to push the Mode button when connecting the camera to a PC... I'll try tonight, but I find it weird because yesterday with the previous firmware (1.02 if I remember well), all I had to do was to plug in the camera, just like any other USB device.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey hey, good news : I retried the "Reset connections" option, and it solved all the problems : the camera got its name back, a new WiFi password, and it is recognized by PCs on USB again (without needing to push any button when plugging it).

Actually I hadn't tried to "reset connections" since the manual FW update... so that was it.

Let's hope it'll stay stable in the future.

Highlighted
Explorer

Great news!