Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update

[ Edited ]

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions in this thread.

Just wanted to post up another fix to this problem, as I'd tried all of the things suggested in this thread and none of them worked, including the Microsoft driver uninstall and reinstall.

My problem was, with my GoPro connected, the computer would recognise it, but not show any of its contents, and it was appearing as an "Unspecified device". I could not view any of the content on the camera in either Windows of GoPro Quik, despite their being over 40GB of footage and photos on the microSD.

My fix was:

- connect the camera to my Windows10 PC.

- go into device manager (Windows + X key, then select device manager)

- in "Portable devices", disable the Hero5, and then re-enable it - WELLAH!

It now works perfectly on this computer every time.

Highlighted
Anonymous

People need to be careful when suggesting reformatting or blaming the manufacturer of the sd card because of personal bias. 

I had exactly the same issues as described and just went into device manager and disabled the her0 5 and then re enabled and it worked perfectly. Did not to reset, reboot, reformat, nothing. 

Thanks for the tip stoutcreek 8054

Highlighted
Anonymous

This fixed worked for me, disable the enable in device manager. Thanks for the suggestion!

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

stoutcreek 8054 you are brilliant. Thanks it also worked for me Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Nomad

The more permanent fix to enable and disable would be to go to services on windows, type services in search the find WUDFSVC (Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework) double click and ensure startup type is automatic not manual.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same problem, not even 3 days in, my MAC didnt recognise the SD card in GOPRO, tried everything, manual update, Format SD card, reset connection, set GOPRO to factory default.

What really seems to work in my case is uninstalling Qlik desktop version on MAC and reinstalling it again. After doing it, I saw something I didn't come across in the previous version. There was a separate icon on the sidebar just above where it recognised HERO 5 , that said SD Card. Fingers crossed! hope this is THE Solution.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

stoutcreek8054  Thanks a lot!, your tip worked perfectly to me!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip enabling and disabling the device in the device manager worked perfect for me.