Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update

mine does exact same thing - on 1 of 3 hard drives in my main system.  GoPro support no help - did you ever figure it out

@natasatan wrote:

I've been having this USB problem for like 6 months with my Hero 4 Black. It used to work fine before that. Now I get the Hero 5 Black and have the same problem.

If I insert the micro SD when Quik is open with a card reader, it is detected as the camera's card and starts transfering to my computer. I've tried deleting the drivers with no luck. It is always detected as a MTP media device and named stillimage in device manager on windows 10.

Having to remove the SD Card every time I want to transfer to my computer is starting to get annoying.

I also have the older Hero Session and do not have this problem.

Highlighted
Explorer

This seems to be the fix for most people.  It's a windows issue, not GoPro.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-installing-a-driver-upda...

Highlighted
Anonymous

This Microsoft solution worked! FINALLY! 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm glad that I could help the rep that I was chatting with yesterday looks like my solution worked
Highlighted
Anonymous

Chatted with support yesterday and was able to convince Michael that it was a Microsoft issue and not a GoPro issue at all. Especially since I saw it on one of my hard drives and I'm a computer and not the others
Highlighted
Anonymous

Luckily I found a Microsoft troubleshooter that fix the issue and was able to add my input to GoPro
Highlighted
Anonymous

I wish the person that discovered the problem and found the solution was given some credit - tnlobo420.........
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah. It did work. Thanks