Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update

@Anonymous

I assume you mean with any program and not just through Quik.  If that's the case, it might have something to do with the MTP connection settings on your USB com port.  If you are using Windows 10 this is a very common issue but usually can be found on message boards regarding mobile devices not being recognized.  I don't know what the exact fix is for Hero5 but there are hundreds of post of other devices having issues as well.  You can always try deleting and then reinstalling the device driver and also checking to see if the connection is set up to be MTP or PTP.  You want it on MTP.  I wish I had more information for you.  You might want to send an email to the GoPro Support Team and see what they have to say. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Highlighted
Tourist

It blows me up when people take time to reply to this and many other support tech forums, with hundereds of words, bringing nothing new or usefull... Do you really think your broad "instructions" or general MS/GoPro KBs that do not work haven't be tried/explained and/or discussed already in the previous 10 pages of this topic? Really?

Highlighted
Explorer

@nash019

Wow, hope you're ok. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Now you making me poluting the same space as you, by replying to your post. I am very well thank you, I follow this thread from the bigining and I can say your prevous "instruction" post did not bring anything new to help many of us with the stupid problem the GoPro doesn't even want to address...

Highlighted
Tourist

I have been following this thread for a while too and have tried so many ways and lost hours trying to fix this. There seems to be no fix other than using a card reader. I have to agree that the solutions suggested are not helping at all and do not address this specific and very common problem. Gopro really needs to take time and fix this. My hero 4 and hero 5 have this issue while my older session works fine. But my hero 4 did work a while ago on windows 10.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the response.  I did mean Quik.  I tried everying on this thread including deleting an starting new.  Today I manually uploaded updates and now it seem to work with Quik and my Iphoto on Mac.

Highlighted
Tourist

Update. 2/26/2017

I did the manual update to my new Hero 5 using a sd card and the update file from GoPro.  It was then reconized by my computer and the capture program.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry no.  If the GoPro program on the computer include drivers in the background maybe try uninstalling the program using windows unistall and then reinstalling to be sure you have the most up to date driver and then do another manual update on the GoPro to be sure it updated correctly.  My problem was the computer did not see it all and I could not even do an update from the program becuase it did not show up.  Once I did the update by downloading the update to the sd card and powering on the camera, then I plugged the camera into the usb the computer recognized it as a gopro before I even opened the gopro program.  Sorry, wish they had more universal firmware to start with so it was not so much hastle.