01-10-2019 03:09 PM
I ordered a brand new Hero 7 for Christmas. I opened it that morning, got it all set up, and it was working great.
The next day I went to use the camera, and although it powers on it only shows a black screen. After about 30 seconds it powers itself off and back on. The only thing it shows when it restarts is the GoPro logo with a loading bar.
I've tried to go a restart, charge without the SD, with the SD card and nothing seems to be working.
01-10-2019 04:48 PM
Hello @swiftdive23311. Updating the firmware of the camera will help resolve the issue. We recommend doing a manual update following the steps below:
- Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.
Make sure that the camera is fully charged, and that you are using one of the recommended SD cards here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations . Let us know how it works out.
01-11-2019 06:17 AM
I manually updated teh camera with no luck.
After a successful update the camera showed the black screen again, and then powered itself off.
When it shows the black screen it's like the camera aspect is not working. I can change preferences and the mode and see everything else, I just can't see anything or take pictures and videos.
01-11-2019 06:29 PM