Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

New Gopro 7 Silver freezes while using and I have to do a reset. Also can’t update the Gopro.

Hello,
I bought a new Gopro last week and from the beginning the frame freezes and the Gopro doesn’t work anymore. I could only get it working again by holding the on/off button for a long while. In the beginning I thought it would happen once or twice because it was new, but everytime I used until now it happens while I wanted to film something at a good moment. Then I thought the Gopro maybe has to bevupdated. I tried, but I can’t open the software when I installed it. I don’t know what to do and could use some help.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: New Gopro 7 Silver freezes while using and I have to do a reset. Also can’t update the Gopro.

Hi @jensske

Please proceed with a manual update.

It is also important that you are using a recommended SD card.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: New Gopro 7 Silver freezes while using and I have to do a reset. Also can’t update the Gopro.

Tengo también la GOPRO Hero 7, y me pasa exactamente lo mismo, yo si pude actualizar manualmente el software, pero el problema continúa, ya sea durante una grabación, o simplemente revisando las fotos y videos de la memoria, se congela de repente y nada la hace reaccionar, hasta que solita se reinicia, es sumamente molesto y frecuente. Cabe mencionar que mi memoria SD es una de las recomendadas y esta completamente nueva (MicroSDXC SanDisk Extreme (UHS-I / V30) A2 de 64 GB).

Alguna otra sugerencia? AYUDA! esta casi que inusable :(

Highlighted
Tourist

Hee Ej,

After getting using the Go pro and controlling It I checked if it had the good update and it had the good update. I then realised the go pro asked me in a few times to synchronise the date and time. So I dod and now I don’t have any problems anymore.

Thanks for the help!
Highlighted
Tourist

Hee Gopro,

I shouted out to early, because the problem still occures..
What should I do else to fix the problem?

Kind regards,

Jens van der Velde
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jensske

Please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej