Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

New GoPro9 lots of issues and no support

[ New ]

I've just bought a new GoPro9 and it's got so many problems, the biggest issue being that I can't contact anyone from support to chat to.

No contact numbers, The website says that support is closed when I try and do a chat even though it's within the opening ours show on the website. If I click callback it just displays a captcha error and does nothing.

GoPro9. Screen is pretty much unusable, laggy, selects menus intead of scrolling.

I left it plugged in and the red led came on to indicate that it was charging. It was still red the following morning. I unplugged it but the red led didn't go out, and it wouldn't switch on. I pulled the battery, and after 1 minute it did switch in but hadn't fully charged to 100%.

Why have GoPro's products gone down hill, and that support is no existant.

GoPro

Re: New GoPro9 lots of issues and no support

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @pauls06. We are creating a fix for the touchscreen sensitivity issue. There is more information about recent updates at https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates

Have you been able to manually update your camera to the latest firmware? If you haven't yet, the steps under Manual Update here will guide you. Let us know if it helps with the red light correctly indicating battery level. 

Hiker

Re: New GoPro9 lots of issues and no support

[ New ]

Yes, I have manually updated with the latest firmware. I'll return the camera for a replacement today. this will be my 5th GoPro in 6 months. Such a poor piece of hardware and software, and It's impossible to get any support here in New Zealand.

I was in the situation yesterday where I wanted to use my camera on a bike ride, and format the sd card. The screen had become locked due to the touch screen issue, and I spent 5 minutes trying to unlock it, but gave up trying to format the sd card due to not actually being able to navigate to that part of the settings. This is an absolute show stopper of a bug.