Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: New GoPro Session 4 - Corrupted all files from random point including my proposal!

@danielr15    how many time you get a currpted file on the Session or hero 5 session?  For me     hero session    99% working perfect.  So what gives @sergiof122 its   about hte OP here got  a video or more that is currupted, and a major camera company  with no free recovery software?   I suggest for @schnick18 to  upload a file or  you @sergiof122 and we'll look into      recovering it, the least one can do, right?   

we're here @danielr15 and I  siskill and ebert   love offering an opinion that may help out.  I'll help out like said by  grabbing the  footage and trying to repair one will you? till we can hear gopro doing the same, on't answer that gopro  can not  repair  videos they are busy with other customers.

Sorry I had to release some steam all  good no pun intended

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: New GoPro Session 4 - Corrupted all files from random point including my proposal!

any where did you see a wrench or bandade icon  o nthe camera. sometimes if we get a file currpted  apone  the next turn on it will   prompt you?   the camera has internal softare to resolve currpted files on the spot, not down the road.

Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro products are awesome but the Session 4 is a flawed product. I have also lots files to corruption issues. I would be ok with the product if it had less issues, now its just beyond me , so I'm just here to voice my opinions abou the fact that it is a flawed camera.

Its nothing personal, I just honestly have to say the truth since I have 4 of them lying here all for different reasons.

Highlighted
Tourist

Lost files, for me , is an unacceptable thing, go pro shouldnt allow it! Furthermore, there are so many things missing from the firmware, its funny.

And I will leave it at that, I think people should vent if the product is sub-standard, and Go Pro should be all over it trying to fix it because it really is that bad. Tons of people are suffering with these Flawed Hero Sessions 4 Cameras out there.

Highlighted
Tourist

OP there is no bad feelings here, you opened up about your experience, and thats commendable I would feel the same, I came on here for similar problems with the Go Pro Session 4 because I had it, I reached my limit when the 4th camera took a dump on me . And like I have said on these posts, I have friends who have same problems with GoPro Hero Sessions 4.

There is one person I know has a Sessions 5 with no problems, but then again, he hasn't used it more than 1 weekend since he got it Jan.

So can't say Sessions 5 is a lemon or substanard.

But I can tell you Sessions 4 is, defintely, and those problems and issues need to be addressed direclty by GoPro because they made a boatload of these cameras and sold them to eveyone and they are out in the wild and we are all experiencing lost videos and tons of other issues. Thats NOT cool.

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

I hear ya  things happen and we do ( I ) believe you but  not all have  issues  sorry to hear   if   I had four cams or  on 4th cam, and you have friends.  having .. I start finding out  the problems....  re edited  

Highlighted
Explorer

You're a good person @schnick18 and obviously with a kind heart. It's no wonder why she said yes.

I apologize if my words came across as angry or hostile. I just completed a 20 hour shift in the hospital and was dictating to my phone.

I have considerable experience with the Hero Session, both first hand and through other's. All too often people will come to this site and try to take their own issue, or extrapolate from the post of a few, and turn it into a universal problem with all cameras. GoPro has sold millions of cameras and the number of issues is very small by comparison.

What SD card were you using in your trip? To get the most reliable performance from your camera you should use one from the list I linked to. Also, running a manual update will ensure you have an issue free firmware.

If your SD card is on the list, you should still consider using a new or different card. If you want to try the same card, be sure to do a full (not quick) format of the card in your computer first. You should then install the manual update. Once it's done, connect to the app and then scroll down to delete and choose delete all to format the card to your camera. Once done, press the date/time in the app to sync the camera to the correct settings.

Take a couple test photos and then a couple test videos. Spend the next few days doing random recordings just to test the integrity of the card and camera. If everything works fine, you should be more rest assured.

If you continue to have issues, contact the GoPro Support Team and they will be happy to assist you.

One last thing. While you can delete files from the SD card while it's on the camera, it's generally not a good idea unless you are done filming. Also, offload your videos and pictures to your computer or mobile device when you are done filming. Don't store them on the camera's SD card. Deleting and storing files on the SD increases the chance of error when the camera is writing to the card.

I hope this helps. If you need any links or have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to play a little nicer with the other community members 😉.

Don't forget to report back what SD card you were using. It helps to identify which cards are and are not reliably working for people.
Highlighted
Explorer

@fishycomics
Two years and never one issue or corrupt file with my Session. I did have problems with my Hero5 Session freezing when I first got it and was using a SanDisk Extreme prior to the first update. I switched to a Samsung Pro card and the issue went away. I did once get a corrupted file but it was after the camera fell off a half pipe at a skate park. I'm pretty sure it was just the SD card getting dislodged from the impact. Other than those two times, both cameras continue to work great for me. Between myself and my three boys we put them through a lot of abuse. I have no concerns about recommending the Session. I don't know any other camera as convenient, durable, and reliable as the Session (Hero4).

The Hero5 Session is also great IMO, but I have seen more issues in the forums with it than the H4 Session (not a lot compared to units sold, but still more).

As you know, I own the original Hero HD, Hero3 Black, Hero3 Silver, Hero3+ Black, Hero4 Silver, Session (Hero4), Hero5 Session, and Hero5 Black. I lost my Hero2. For me personally, my ranking of favorite cameras is: Hero5 Session, Hero5 Black, Session, Hero3+ Black, Hero4 Silver (I get the helicopter noise with Wi-Fi or it would be higher), Hero3 Black, Hero2, Hero3 Silver, Hero HD.