Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

New GoPro Hero 8 Features Announced!

Well done GoPro! For those that missed it, GoPro Labs are now letting GoPro Hero 8 users add new features to their camera's. These are things that GoPro engineer's were playing about with and thought they may add value to the camera. They may see an official release they may not, but GoPro are letting you play about with some of these features! These include the ability for your camera to read programmable QR codes that unlock several new features. Add a custom message to your GoPro startup screen (So owner information, phone, email could be added). Add a custom timelapse. How about a timelapse that is programmed to come on at a certain time of day, lets say, 5pm in two days time? Motion detection! To find out more about this awesome set of features visit the GoPro labs today!

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-labs-launch 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: New GoPro Hero 8 Features Announced!

lol   finally we are going to be 12gb chaptering  Fw 1.70 soon to come , wake me up when this happens.   to bad you posted in a support forum that Users have issues Lol

Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro Labs firmware is  in here  took me some time to follwo, they say their Daughter had no issue doing this.

https://gopro.com/en/us/support/hero8-black-product-update

Highlighted
Hiker

Sehr enttäuschend. Während die Kunden mit Unzulänglichkeiten leben müssen (hey wir haben euch Geld gegeben, damit wir ein tolles Produkt bekommen!), wie

• instabiles WLAN
  • Selbstentladung
  • Überhitzen und Einfrieren
  • Kein Starten / Stoppen
  • Startet von selbst
  • Kein Laden möglich
  • Unzureichende Verbindung zur Fernbedienung
  • usw.

spielt ihr im Labor mit Kinderkram. Wir wollen eine Actioncam, kein Spielzeug. Schickt mir einen Entwickler (oder besser noch den PO) hier her und dann fahren wir zusammen Motorrad. Vielleicht versteht er dann, was Aktion heißt. 

Toll, QRCode lesen. Meine Anschrift in der Kamera eintragen. Super. Das alles hilft mir beim Tauchen auch nicht. Korrigiert die Fehler, sprecht endlich mit euren Kunden (hey Product Owner, das ist dein Job) und gebt uns eine Cam die nur dann Aufmerksamkeit braucht, wenn der Akku leer ist.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Glad I was not the One that said that @ralfpeter   .  Funny how a daughter of no age  got this to work,  I wonder if their Baby  put together the articals that direct you to  different  pages all scattered on here. And Our Fanboys or Fan girls Defending them.  Time for real giant cup of Java/Coffe/joe.

Day one people asked, demanded, said, wanted, told, etc.. and we heard  we'll pass it along to our teams.  Many complained about file chapter. and still to date  they  do file chapters instead of being 2gb, 4b it will be 12gb again no mention at all if the 4k resolution, or any the time, so it is a guess (for me) to say 24 minutes video 12gb file. 

For the past few yars the Xiaomi/Yi Technology used QR in tehir Livestream, some may like it, some may hate it, can you please all, No!.  Thir Livestream steps were at least 15  prompts before you even got on correctly., at least  with GoPro its a lot easier over the  years they took to correct it again.

We are going to Update to Gopro labs, and when you do update, I have no clue why "Two  file folders of firmware are present. while they say to follow step 2. and on. BTW people here vaigly put up images of issues, etc, while the most powerful tools are at hand, theirfault.

So with no explaination or not cafinated enough, what  I get out of it is Confusion, trying to figure how a daughter did this. Kids are smart.

Untitled.png

Here comes a Fanboy to the Rescue,  here he comes.

So wheredo you find gopro's info:

Step 1. https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-labs-launch

read it, click the first Hyperlink you see  https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Labs/ct-p/GoProLabs  start reading it, Click the getstarted photo,  https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Introducing-GoPro-Labs/ta-p/603173  start reading tha, and where it says  click the firmware, opens up FW HD8.01.01.70.75 zip folder for download.  By no you get the idea waht to do, you have to read, skip, jump, more or less act like a Monkey rub your head,  , pat your tummy, or vica-verca. once you figured out how to get there. what  does the picphonics do for you in the step 2.  especially when  this is not Win-10, no mention at all of th O.S (for me).  

Untitled.png

So this is one Perfect example if asked, release products, use old stuff to simply rush  out to the  site,  We are not going to  or better yet any one out thre that Loads this up will now Be subject to  not Downgrading,  something that one may or may not want. the idea of not being able t odisable, or any info in Full correctly, is a member being that Gunia Pig. I bet GoPro  gave this out to tehir previous  youtubers to test. and I wonder  myself If  Iwant to advance the steps and fail like a Go-Pro. I wasted  an hour of my life writing this so the post can fall like a  Karma drone, failure at its best. take it as It's My Humble opinion, not yours and what  Iwrite and share here is  helpful info then try brainwashing people with gopro never has a issue, I can't replicate it.. today we're about helping not Punning

to be continued .  

WAH wah webcam , webcam,  wah wah Hero 7 as a hero 8,,  all these features every single one, will be on the Hero 9 coming out in Sept/Oct 2020 . and be the first to test it on your hero 8.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Oh I am that Gulia pig and here I am now addresing to gopro.   tell me my steps I am doing wrong

Highlighted
Adventurer

Got this to work. Lol.  Like said  got to  love it.  time to learn a whole new camera.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I also gotten to hate it as I g et the BLANK SCREEN of DEATH!.