Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

New GoPro Hero 7 Black moisture inside protective lens

[ New ]

Hi, I have a problem with my GoPro Hero 7 Black camera.

When I go swimming in the sea with GoPro, water droplets show inside of a protective lens cover. Since I`m a big fan of GoPro cameras and this is not my first GoPro, I use GoPro HD Hero Entry level, GoPro Hero 4 Silver and this problem never showed up. Please let me know what to do! I think that this is not the best advertising for GoPro company. I always double-check my equipment before using it and I dried out lens protection cover and I made sure that seals around the lens protector are in place. Thank you in advance!

Doky

20190705_191641.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: New GoPro Hero 7 Black moisture inside protective lens

[ New ]

Hi @dokydukic,

I recommend removing the Protective Lens and allowing the unit to dry in an air conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% Humidity). Once traces of fogging has cleared, securely re-attach the Protective Lens following the steps in this article.

If the problem re-occur, despite having the Protective Lens securely attached to the camera, you may contact our Support team so they can assist you on the next steps. You can reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: New GoPro Hero 7 Black moisture inside protective lens

[ New ]

Hi @dokydukic,

I recommend removing the Protective Lens and allowing the unit to dry in an air conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% Humidity). Once traces of fogging has cleared, securely re-attach the Protective Lens following the steps in this article.

If the problem re-occur, despite having the Protective Lens securely attached to the camera, you may contact our Support team so they can assist you on the next steps. You can reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Kind Regards,
Ann